October 1st, 2014, was a historic day: it was the day that all seven seasons of ‘Gilmore Girls’ were made available for streaming on Netflix. It was the day I remembered just how much the beloved Rory Gilmore informed my own fast-talking, book-reading, bad-relationship-having adolescence. Here are a few of her most relatable moments, many of which feature cardigans.
1. When she said what we all want to say when we’re really in love.
2. When she spoke to the greatest struggle of everyone in the tri-state area.
3. When she crystallized that ‘my grades are everything, don’t you people get it?!’ feeling.
4. When she taught us it was okay to call your mommy from school on your cell phone.
5. When she was all of us in every awful conversation ever.
6. When she made you feel “#SAME” before you knew what a hashtag was.
7. When she inspired you to sleep in.
8. When she showed you how to get a bad boyfriend to tell you the truth.
9. When she described the struggle that is getting dressed, dare I say, even better than Cher?
10. When she asked the question we all wanted to ask the guy who didn’t get along with our friends.
11. When she spoke out against PDA.
12. When she grew up and was just like, “fuck it, let’s drink wine.”
13. When she made it look kind of cute for us to embarrass our mothers.