1. You know how to listen. It sounds like a simple task, but very few people are as attentive as you. You sit with me while I speak, and you follow all my words, and you wait until I finish before responding. Sometimes you don’t even need to reply — your concentration is all I need.
2. You let me vent, but you tell me when I’m obsessing. You’re an amazing listener, but even you have a limit if my thoughts are spiraling out of control. You let me know when I’m overanalyzing something so I can deal with it in a healthier way.
3. I trust you with all my deep secrets, and you trust me with all of yours. You know every embarrassing thing that’s happened to me, and I know every weird thing about you. I never hesitate to tell you something, because I know you will take it to your grave. We would never air each other’s dirty laundry, no matter what happens — our history runs way too deep.
4. If I need to call you at 3am, you will answer. If I don’t reach you, I can leave you a voicemail and I know you will call me the second you wake up. If I send you a string of demanding texts past midnight I know that you will be amused, and not annoyed.
5. We can make fun of each other and never take offense. You’ll always laugh at my inability to walk up stairs without panting and my disastrous attempts at styling my hair and my tendency to wear two different-colored socks. But it’s cool, because I will always mock your love for One Direction.