My best friends are an extraordinary group of people. They are all so different, yet so much alike. Some friendships I’ve had for years, some are new and growing stronger by the day. Either way, there are some things they all do for every day that I forget to thank them for. I feel like it’s about time to start, because without them, I wouldn’t be who I am today.
1. Thank you for being there not just when it’s convenient for you, but when it’s not. I know that I can call you at 2am and you’ll come running to my side. We all have our own things to deal with and adjustments to make, but you always take a break from your hectic life to make sure that I’m okay. When I need a shoulder to cry on, I know yours is always there.
2. Thank you for making sure I get home safely. When we all go out, I feel safe with you. No matter how much I drink, I know you’ll be right next to me. I know that when the night ends, somehow I’ll end up sleeping somewhere safe. It might not always be in my own bed, but that’s just because yours is more comfortable, and honestly, drunk sleepovers are way more fun.
3. Thank you making my birthday such a big deal. As we get older, birthdays seem to feel less important and more obsolete, but not when I’m with you. You make my birth feel like a national holiday for an entire week, and it’s fucking awesome.
4. Thank you for not letting me drunk text/call. For all those times you’ve taken my phone, you have saved me from many mornings that would’ve otherwise been filled with apologies, not a brunch. I especially thank you for not letting me call my mother, she worries enough as it is.
5. Thank you for breaking me out of my shell. I know I come off like a bitch that doesn’t need new friends, thank you for being persistent in your attempts to place yourself in my life, because sometimes even a bitch needs friends.
6. Thank you for telling me when my hair looks good/bad. I love knowing that I can ask your opinion about anything, and you will be honest and not just feed me with bullshit. If my hair looks bad, you’re the first to let me know, but you’re also the only one who knows my power color.
7. Thank you for reminding me that I have a meeting. For all those time you reminded me to get in the shower because I have the biggest meeting of my life in 20 minutes, I love you.
8. Thank you for keeping tampons in your bag because you know I don’t. You know I’m irresponsible when it comes to this. I have been since you met me, and every day afterwards. It also helps that were synced, so you give me a little heads up when that bitch is coming back.
9. Thank you for having drunk sing-alongs with me at 3am. These are the nights/mornings I live for. Nothing is better than getting back from a night out than keeping the party going the best/only way we know how. I mean really, who doesn’t love a little 3:37am ‘N Sync?
10. Thank you for wiping my tears. Sometimes life sucks. But it sucks a hell of a lot less with you by my side, telling me everything is somehow going to be okay. For all the times you didn’t know what to say, but wiped the tears from my cheeks, no words were needed, because I knew what you wanted to say. By the way, I love you too.
11. Thank you for my laughter 6-pack. When I’m with you, the laughter is endless, and causes me actual physical pain. I’m not quite sure how we make it out alive sometimes.
12. Thank you for liking the same television shows as me. As soon as I realized we were addicted to the same garbage, I knew we would be friends for life. Where would I be without our PLL, Mob Wives, and Bachelor/ette wine nights? Oh, and how I could I forget the fact we both still do the *clap clap clap clap* with all 236 episodes of Friends.
13. Thank you for knowing when something is wrong with me. Sometimes I don’t want to talk, I just want to be left alone. Thanks for never letting that actually be the case, and breaking me down until you know what’s wrong with me. You always know what to say to make everything alright.
14. Thank you for being happy for me when things are going right in my life. When things in my life are going great, you are the first person ready to celebrate. You are never jealous, or envious of the things I’ve worked hard for. In fact, sometimes it seems like you’re more excited than me.
15. Most importantly, thank you for being you.