1. Nothing excites you anymore. You really can’t remember the last thing that really got you excited. You just kind of walk through every day without anything to really look forward to. You feel like you’re just going through the motions. You try to get excited over something but there’s nothing that really makes you passionate and that kills you inside.
2. You’re never really living in the moment; you’re always reflecting on the past or planning for the future. You have a hard time just soaking up what’s going on around you. You find yourself reminiscing on the past and how good things used to be or you find yourself daydreaming about the future thinking about how good things will be. But there doesn’t exactly feel like there is anything good about right now and you have a hard time with that. You also find yourself living more in the past or the present to appreciate the now.
3. You find yourself wanting to be alone more than with people. You start wanting to spend more time alone, not because you don’t love the people in your life but because you feel like when you’re alone it gives you time to think. It lets you actually be alone with your thoughts and not have to pretend to be enjoying anything that otherwise makes you feel like you’re just going through the motions.
4. You get annoyed super easily. It doesn’t have to even be a big thing but you find yourself getting annoyed over every little thing that isn’t your way. If your friends change lunch plans you get so annoyed that you’d rather just go home because your mood is ruined. You know it’s dramatic but you’re having a hard time control your emotions.
5. You blame everyone else for the reason you’re feeling stuck. Instead of acknowledging you’re the reason you’re stuck you blame other people. You blame your friends because you associate their lack of success with your lack of success except the problem is that they’re content with their lives and you’re not. Instead of realizing you are your own problem you just blame them because it’s easier to blame the other people in your life instead of what the problem really is.
6. You don’t enjoy going out anymore but you still do. You don’t enjoy the same things you used to but you still find yourself being dragged out to the bar on the weekend and instead of just enjoying it you wait until it’s time to leave. You feel like you’re too good for the people around you but you still show up. You’re still there and you’re the only one who isn’t having fun.
7. You always imagine what your life will be like. You keep telling yourself that once you move, or get a new job, or find a relationship that things will get better. You’re hanging on to that bit of hope that things will get better because without that you’re left with nothing.
8. You’re always unsatisfied. The things that used to make you happy don’t anymore. You feel like you’re more on edge about most things about you just can’t relax. It’s rare that you completely let your guard down and have fun these days. You’ve become more uptight about things and it feels like nothing is ever good enough. You hate that you’re like this but you also know you’re in a rut outgrowing your current life. You know it’s time for a change.