1. It’s not your job to fix someone. And someone who wants to fix you, doesn’t actually love you.
2. You don’t have to be in a relationship in order to be happy.
3. You will find love again, and you are worthy of it.
4. Loving someone else really does start with learning how to love yourself first. The two are entirely correspondent to one another.
5. You should never rely on someone else to create your happiness. True happiness comes from within, and no one else can determine what that looks like.
6. It’s okay to not want to be with someone and it does not make you a bad person in any way shape or form.
7. Closure is not always necessary. Sometimes the ending sometimes really is just the end. Period.
8. You will see someone in a entirely different light once you both have gone your separate ways.
9. The heart is an example of what resilience truly is.
10. Just because you love someone does not mean you should be in a relationship with them.
11. You never should feel the need to convince or beg someone to stay with you. Or to keep loving you.
12. You cannot control anybody else’s reactions besides your own. They are yours to own, and no one else’s to keep.
13. You should never ignore your what your gut and intuition are telling you. Chances are, they are right.
14. Love is so damn messy.
15. Sometimes it isn’t going to make any sense, and there really isn’t much you can do about it. And that’s okay.
16. Ending a long-term relationship is really scary. But don’t sabotage your own happiness just to keep someone else happy in return.
17. Sometimes it isn’t going to matter how hard you try to end things on good terms. Sometimes it just won’t happen.
18. Taking a “break” from any relationship, 99% of the time, is just a prolonged way to break-up.
19. The ending of a relationship can make a good person do and say some pretty terrible things.
20. You are not and never will be a back-up plan. You are worthy of so much more than that, so never allow someone to make you theirs.
21. Red flags shouldn’t go unnoticed. If you feel like something is up, it probably is.
22. You aren’t going to always receive the closure that you desire. When that happens, it’s really up to you to accept that and just move forward. Instead of waiting around for closure, give yourself the closure they couldn’t give to you.
23. It is okay to leave. And it’s more than okay to move on with your life.
24. In every breakup, one person is going to be more hurt than the other. Even if the intentions are good and they understand why, someone is still going to be hurt.
25. You are going to continue to heal as time goes on. And you are under no obligation to rush the healing process.
26. You can still love someone from afar.
27. The pain is eventually going to go away, even if it does not feel that way at first. So please be patient with yourself.
28. Never love someone so much you lose yourself in them. One day you might wake up and realize you lost a part of yourself along with them.