1. Saying “we’re talking” about someone you’ve basically been seriously dating for the last five months.
2. Thinking of it as a huge step when one person actually calls the other person on the phone.
3. Asking someone to “hang out.”
4. Instead of just going for it and asking them out on a date – and not being uncomfortable about literally saying the word date.
5. Following a specific set of rules about texting back.
6. …Such as don’t respond until this many minutes have gone by, or if you use more than one emoji you’re gonna seem weird. What? No.
8. Couples-themed hashtags. Weddings are fine. But I’m not a fan of the casual #amberandjasongoonvacation
9. Thinking it’s clingy to call someone instead of texting them.
10. The act of ‘swiping’ through people – which is so bizarre when you slow down and think about it.
11. Being able to take screenshots of entire conversations and send them to your friends in less than two seconds.
12. Easily tracking your SO’s previous relationship from start to finish just through Instagram tags.
13. Having someone tell you something about themselves (while on a date) that you already secretly knew because you saw it on their Facebook.
14. And having to act surprised and intrigued when they tell you these bits of info about themselves – even though you and your friend discovered all of this last night while you were sitting on your couch, drinking wine, and looking at your date’s social media accounts.
15. And just generally being able to discover so much about someone in minutes because of all the different outlets – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn, blah blah blah.
16. Pulling out your phone during a mediocre date and scrolling through your other dating apps while your current date is in the bathroom.
17. And knowing that they’re probably doing the same thing right now, in the bathroom.
18. But also knowing there’s some really sweet moments you can share with someone in this day and age, like telling each other something that nobody else knows – none of your friends, none of your followers. Just the two of you.