Despite the natural attraction between water sign Cancer and air sign Libra when they first meet, they won’t be the strongest pair in love. They will face more complications and deal with each others’ negative qualities more than anything else. So let’s read more about their personalities and why it just won’t work:
Cancer and Libra Compatibility
The Cancer Zodiac
- Cancer is ruled by the moon, the planet of intuition and emotion.
- The Cancer symbol is a crab, but the constellation could depict it as the breast of a woman, representing the goddess Hera from Greek mythology and the nurturing nature of woman.
- As a water sign, the Cancer zodiac is very much in tune with their intuition and their emotions no matter how deep.
- As a cardinal sign, Cancer people tend to be very sensitive creatures who lead with their hearts impulsively.
- Personality traits of a Cancer:
- Emotional, sympathetic
- Loyal, overprotective, and nurturing
- Prone to mood swings
- Finds peace through creative outlets
- Cancer man personality:
- Moody, sensitive
- Won’t hide his feelings from his loved one
- The Cancer man wants to feel needed and wants to share his life with someone
- Cancer woman personality:
- Vulnerable, open
- Fierce loyalty
- Romantic and ready for love and intimacy; this woman won’t play the field
- In astrology, we each have a sign in the moon and rising (or ascendant) placements of our zodiac charts. Our moon sign represents our emotions and how we express them while our rising sign is how people perceive us when they first meet us.
- If your moon sign is in Cancer, you are incredibly intuitive, empathetic, and emotional. You’re a natural caregiver. You sometimes have mood swings too.
- If your rising sign is in Cancer, you are protective, empathetic, and you put others first.
Cancers aren’t afraid to show their vulnerable side. They are upfront about their emotions. They are honest about their opinions. When they are upset with someone, they are going to confront that person. They aren’t afraid to cry in public. They aren’t interested in pretending everything is fine when they are secretly suffering. They are horrible liars. It’s obvious when something is wrong because their emotions are written all over their face.
Cancers are a moody sign, which might be why they’re so artistic. They are skilled at turning their positive and negative emotions into art. They love decorating, cooking, drawing, writing, and anything else creative. It calms them. It gives them a sense of purpose. It allows them to release their feelings in a healthy way. It’s a great alternative to screaming about their problems, which is something they are also prone to do.
The Libra Zodiac
- Libra’s ruling planet is Venus. The planet Venus is the ruler of love, beauty, and money, which is fitting because this sun sign is known to love the finer things in life.
- The Libra symbol is the only zodiac sign represented by an object: the scales. A Libran will appreciate and strive for balance and harmony in everyday life.
- As a cardinal sign, Libra people are social butterflies and they make great leaders.
- As an air sign, Libras are flexible people pleasers. Libra’s charm is that they are good at holding conversations.
- Libra personality traits:
- Strives for balance and harmony in everyday life.
- Sociable, charming.
- People pleasers.
- A bit indecisive.
- Will avoid confrontation.
- Personality traits of a Libra man:
- Charming, flirty, romantic.
- Will spoil you with gifts, affection, and romantic gestures.
- The kind of man who puts extra attention into his appearance.
- Shallow and will want an attractive partner who will make him look good too.
- Personality traits of a Libra woman:
- Good conversationalist.
- Picky and won’t let herself be in a relationship with anyone who doesn’t fit her standards.
- She is a woman who is good at showing every side of personality: loving and caring, and also passive-aggressive and self-pitying.
- In astrology, we each have a sign in certain placements of our chart. We each have a moon sign and a rising sign; our moon represents our inner selves and how we deal with feelings and emotions and your rising is how people perceive you.
- If your moon sign is in Libra, you are typically good at communication but bad about talking about your feelings. You crave peace and balance in every aspect of your life.
- If your rising sign is in Libra, you are very outgoing and great at maintaining a conversation.
Libras are picky when it comes to their careers, their friendships, and their love life. Although they are nice to everyone they meet, they aren’t going to let someone into their heart unless they believe that person is good enough for them. They refuse to settle for less than they deserve. In love, they want someone who checks off all of their boxes. A good personality isn’t enough. Neither is good looks. They need the entire package. Otherwise, they are going to stay single for a while longer.
Libras are friendly, approachable, and charming. They can make friends everywhere they go. However, they can also be passive-aggressive. Since they want everyone to like them, confrontation makes them uncomfortable. They never come right out and say that they’re upset with someone. Instead, they will make small comments here and there in order to hint at how they’re feeling. That way, they don’t appear too cruel, but they still get their point across.
Cancer and Libra: Friendship Compatibility
- Cancer sees life as something out of a poem, with touch and emotions, while Libra sees life as pure mental exploration and stimulation. Because of this, they might have a hard time getting on the same page with their interests and values.
- As two cardinal signs, they will compete for leadership in the friendship.
- They might also hit some roadblocks when their negative traits come out, with Cancer’s moodiness and manipulative nature and Libra’s passive-aggressiveness.
- Libra’s indecision will irritate the Cancer, however, Libra is a people-pleaser and they will go along with Cancer’s decision on anything just to keep the peace.
These two signs are extremely different. Although they are both soft-hearted with pure intentions, they could have trouble getting along. Cancers have a tendency to blurt out however they are feeling while Libras prefer to keep their cards close to their chest. In a professional environment, they will be able to keep the peace because they are both polite and well-spoken. However, they probably won’t want to continue their friendship outside of the office.
If these two signs somehow manage to make a friendship work, the best way for them to spend time together is by crafting. They are both creative, so they will enjoy working on projects together. Whether they are knitting or cooking or painting, they will be happy to take home something special from their hangout sessions. Plus, they are both very supportive, so they will encourage each other and give each other compliments.
Cancer and Libra: Sex and Love Compatibility
- A Cancer lover needs emotional connection right away and a Libra lover needs touch before they let themselves get too emotional.
- Libra will think their Cancer partner’s expectations of a romantic relationship are a bit unrealistic and Cancer will find their charming Libra partner too untrustworthy for commitment.
- Both signs want security in a relationship, whether it’s romantic or financial.
- Between these star signs, there’s a lack of passion, initiative, and connection, both in and out of the bedroom. There aren’t many positive qualities of this relationship.
These two signs will have trouble even making it to the bedroom. They need completely different things from a partner in order to feel comfortable enough to have sex. Cancer needs to have deep, in-depth conversations before taking the next step. They want to know the other person fully. Meanwhile, a Libra wants to flirt first and develop an emotional connection later. They have completely different ideas of what intimacy means.
These signs aren’t going to have a strong sexual connection – and they aren’t going to get along all that well outside of the bedroom, either. Cancers aren’t going to be able to handle it when their partner ‘harmlessly’ flirts with others. It is going to make them feel insecure like they are not good enough. Meanwhile, a Libra is going to get annoyed with the restrictions a Cancer tries to place on them. They won’t want to be told how to behave and who they can talk to.
Zodiac Compatibility With a Cancer or a Libra
- If you’re a Libra, a love relationship with a Gemini will be a pretty good love match. Both signs have the air element, which means they feel free enough to communicate with each other, even when things get hard. However, with their ruling planets Venus and Mercury, they will struggle to find balance in the bedroom from time to time. They’re not a perfect couple but they make it work!
- If you’re a Libra, you’ll find that a relationship with a water sign, like Cancer, Scorpio or Pisces, will have some complications. There’s a lack of passion between Libra and Cancer, but lots of tension with moodiness and passive-aggressiveness. Although sex will be exciting between Scorpio and Libra, there’s not much else that can make this a lasting relationship. Pisces and Libra will have a hard time getting on at the same pace in the bedroom and they’ll have trouble adjusting to one another’s different personalities.
- If you’re a Cancer, you’ll find that love with earth sign Virgo will be pretty good, despite the differences. Virgos are practical and down-to-earth while Cancers are quite emotional and moody. Both signs are loyal in their own way: Cancers are possessive and sensitive and Virgos are so dependable and practical that they have no reason to be unfaithful. In a way, you will complement and learn from each other very well.
- If you’re a Cancer, you’ll find that love with a fire sign, like Aries for example, will be a hot mess. Sensitive Cancer will be too much to handle for Aries, who is known to be very selfish and very blunt. Aggressive and energetic Aries won’t understand Cancer’s emotional sensitivity and these two won’t value the same things.
Libras and Cancers simply don’t make sense together. Libras will work much better with Geminis. These two signs are going to keep the lines of communication open. They are going to feel comfortable enough to talk to each other, even when the conversations are awkward. After all, they know that the only way they will overcome their problems is by talking things out and coming to compromises. These signs will respect each other to put in the effort.
Meanwhile, Cancers will have much more successful relationships with Virgos. Both signs are searching for serious relationships. They don’t want anything casual or anything temporary. They care more about an intellectual connection than a physical connection. Most importantly, they will be able to trust each other. Cancer won’t have to worry about getting cheated on because the relationship will be more than enough for them both.
Cancer and Libra Compatibility with a Cancer or a Libra
Cancer man + Libra woman:
Although these two will be attracted to one another right off the bat, love isn’t in the cards for them. The Libra woman, although she is charming and social, has a temper and will avoid conflict at all costs. The Cancer man, while loving, is also bad-tempered and irritable and goes through mood swings. Add these traits with their inability to communicate with one another and you get a mess!
Cancer woman + Libra man:
The Libra man has good social skills, however, it’s hard for him to talk about what he’s thinking. The Cancer woman has a hard shell and soft interior so communication isn’t easy for her. There’s a natural attraction at first–she will be charmed by him and he will be fascinated by her shyness and sweetness–but then it will lead to tension, poor communication, and many struggles in the relationship.
Cancer compatibility with a Cancer:
No matter if it’s a Cancer woman and woman, man and man, or man and woman, a Cancer-Cancer relationship will be deeply emotional. They might have a hard time in the bedroom, just because they’re more emotional creatures than physical, but they’re both great at sympathizing with one another. As cardinal water with a strong emotional connection will be easy for them to get on the same page in the relationship.
Libra compatibility with a Libra:
No matter if it’s a Libra woman and woman, man and man, or man and woman,a Libra-Libra relationship will be peaceful and balanced. Their love life will be full of aesthetic, bliss, and beauty. As cardinal air, they will be able to work together and make a long-lasting relationship.
Two Cancers are going to get along well because they will be open and honest about their feelings. They never hold anything back. They won’t be forced to read each other’s minds and guess what is wrong. When there is a problem, they can focus on solving it together. However, since they are so emotional, there could be more than their fair share of fights. They could also become bored in the bedroom because they will put more effort into the emotional side of their relationship than the physical side.
Meanwhile, two Libras are going to fit together perfectly. They will both have high expectations for their relationship, but they are willing to put in the effort. They won’t give up on each other easily. Even when they reach a bump in the road, they are going to put their heads together in order to work things out. They aren’t going to abandon each other. They aren’t going to run at the first sign of trouble. Their relationship is going to have all the necessary qualities to last a lifetime.Cancer: Zodiac Sign & Horoscope Libra: Zodiac Sign & Horoscope