- You are ocean deep and those that are as shallow as puddles will always dismiss you, misunderstand you, abandon you; all for fear of disappearing in your depths.
- Pain is the body’s way of letting us know something is wrong, pain is also how the universe lets us know that we are in need of spiritual growth.
- Your trauma does not own you and it never will; remember that when it is trying to convince you that you are forever broken.
- Even mightiest hurricanes do not last forever, and eventually will die to nothing but a tiny dust storm, your misery will one day end too.
- No one is allowed to judge the way you choose to let go of your pain and your heartache.
- You owe no one an explanation for who you become after you are traumatised.
- Grieve for as long as you need to and allow the pain some kind of release.
- The best personal growth you will ever have happens in times of extreme personal strife and tragedy.
- The damage does not and will not define you, but it will make you softer, kinder and better if you let it.
- Anything that does not aid you in your growth deserves to be let go.
- You heart deserves better than to be constantly reminded of the things that broke it over and over again.
- The stars didn’t collapse their lungs to breathe life into yours for you to think you are a mistake.
- Your heart was made for braver and better things than the people and the things that broke you.
- When life shows you a cliff over a sea of pain, you have two choices: fly or fall.
- You have saved yourself from drowning every time before this. You will rescue yourself again.
- Perspectives change and life betters once you start treating all of life like it is a series of lessons you must learn.
- Your scars are a warning to all future monsters, of the hell you have survived before them, every demon you vanquished, and every battle you won.
- The greatest lessons you will ever learn; how to love someone without trying to own or belong to them, and how to let go gracefully of the things and the people that hurt you.
- Let go. But only at your own pace and at your own time. Some things need to be mourned before they are let go gracefully.
- Choose the uncomfortable path, even if it means paying for it with your stability because that is how you grow and how you chase your dreams.
- Take this as the sign you are looking for: Yes, you should let go if it’s making you feel that unhappy and yes, you deserve better.
“Love a soft person. The ones who are positive, even in the worst of circumstances. Someone whose strength is not in bravado, but in their quiet. Someone who is strong for others because that is what is needed in that moment. Someone who is the moon that soothes instead of the sun that burns. Someone who sees the very best in people even when you think they aren’t worth it. The kind of person who always wants to do the best for those they love.”
—Excerpt from Your Soul Is A River, by Nikita Gill
“I bought this on a whim to read as I was resting for the night, and I do not regret it one bit! Everything about the poetry in this book is amazing, heart breaking, and soul searching. It will lift your spirits on your darkest days. I want to thank the author so much for writing this, as it’s something I will be rereading a lot! Always remember, everything about you is important. You matter.” —McKayla
If there’s one thing we all need to stop doing, it’s waiting around for someone else to show up and change our lives. Just be the person you’ve been waiting for.
At the end of the day, you have two choices in love – one is to accept someone just as they are and the other is to walk away.
We owe it to ourselves to live the greatest life that we’re capable of living, even if that means that we have to be alone for a very long time.