1. Your existence needs validation from no one but your own soul. Destroy any voice inside of you that says otherwise.
2. Nothing is worth destroying yourself over, but if you are going to destroy yourself, make sure it is for something spectacular, make sure it is for yourself. There is nothing worse than ruining yourself for people who aren’t worth it.
3. There is an entire forest full of the most incredible flowers, plants and trees inside you, and you are ignoring all of it to nurture a single tree that they planted inside your heart and then abandoned. The people who left you this way don’t deserve to become your favourite stories to tell. You are a massive forest full of beautiful and vibrant stories and every single one of them deserves you more than those that abandoned you to hell.
4. The day you stop longing to belong somewhere or to someone is the day you will finally realise that you have always belonged. To your body, to your soul, to your mind…your truest home has always been your self.
5. You can set yourself on fire for someone, burn every bridge for them, grow the sun for them inside your own body but for some people it will never be enough. Some hearts may be too cold to fully appreciate the gift that is your love. Your love is a passionate fire but there are hearts stone cold ice. So burn baby, burn like a comet, but like a comet, burn for yourself first, and for yourself alone.
6. Please stop destroying what is left of your heart by constantly thinking about things that have broken you.
7. Stop holding onto people who aren’t afraid to lose you. Hang on for someone who knows you’re worth the fear.
8. Loving someone who does not love you in return, is like pressing on the most painful of bruises even though you know how much it hurts. Stop making yourself ache. Stop being addicted to the pain. Let them go.
9. Don’t lose sleep over someone who can sleep soundly after breaking your heart
10. Love nothing more than you love yourself. No one deserves your love more than you do.