In a few months, I will no longer be able to say I am a 20 something woman.
As I get ready to jump into the 30th chapter of my life, I made a list of thirty promises to myself.
1. I promise to try to always be happy, no matter what.
2. I promise to live my life in a way that inspires others.
3. I promise to be gentle with myself on bad days.
4. I promise to surround myself with people who bring happiness to my heart and nurture my soul.
5. I promise myself to never give up on myself and my dreams. No matter how many times I fail, I promise to never, ever give up.
6. I promise to trust my heart as the inner guidance that ushers me through life.
7. I promise to always stay true to who I am. I am who I am, and no one can change that.
8. I promise to laugh more and complain less.
9. I promise to love unconditionally and always be open to love.
10. I promise myself to walk away from everything that no longer serves me or makes me happy.
11. I promise to always live life to the fullest. I will live in the present moment, and appreciate every minute I get to spend on this Earth.
12. I promise not to let my inner demons tear me into pieces. I am loved, I am worth it and I will survive.
13. I promise to take every chance I have. I never want to look back and regret not doing something.
14. I promise to continue to seek knowledge and find ways to expand my mind.
15. I promise to show more compassion to everyone around me.
16. I promise to continue to evolve little by little, day by day. I will continue to walk the road of self-betterment.
17. I promise to listen to my body more. I will give my body what it needs when it’s telling to stop and rest. I will take care of my body when it’s in pain, stressed, or fatigued.
18. I promise to smile more every day and bring smiles to others faces.
19. I promise to get out of my comfort zone and do things I’ve never done.
20. I promise to leave the past behind and only take the lessons that I learned from them.
21. I promise to live the life that I want to live. I will live my life in the way that it feels right to me, not the one that looks good to others.
22. I promise to speak kindly to myself and others.
23. I promise to learn how to walk alone. I have realized that some people in my life will refuse to walk beside me as I embark on different journeys; some simply won’t approve no matter what I do, and that’s OK. I will walk my own path alone.
24. I promise to let go of people that are not meant to stay in my life. I’ve learned that some people come into my life temporarily simply to teach me something. They come, make a difference and they leave. I don’t have to hold on to anyone that is not meant to stay, not all relationships last.
25. I promise to let myself feel so I can heal. It’s okay to feel weak sometimes. I must remind myself that no matter how long it takes, I will get better.
26. I promise to appreciate the life that I have. Yes, things could be better, and I could have more, but I also could do much worse and have less. My life may not be perfect, but I have a roof over my head, food to eat, and I am blessed in so many ways.
27. I promise to make a difference in the world. In a world filled with broken dreams, I dare to dream big. In a world filled with anger, I dare to be kind. In a world filled with hate, I dare to love. I want to make a good everlasting impression in others’ lives.
28. I promise to keep in mind that I cannot control everything. I don’t have control over other people, and I can’t prevent bad things from happening. I can’t prevent a storm from coming but I can prepare for it when it arrives.
29. I promise to accept all my flaws and imperfections. I may not have the perfect body shape nor the prettiest face. I have many flaws and imperfections, but they make me value my unique self.
30. I promise to turn all my worries and anxieties to God. I will never know the reasons why things happen the way they do. And I never know what tribulations lie ahead, but I am going to give all my worries to God and trust my life and future into his hands.