I’m one of those lazy girls that constantly floats between wearing glasses and sweatpants, to the whole nine yards with killer heels and a little black dress. But, most of the time (all the time), I’d rather not really try. I have come to find that, none of us really have to try so hard to seem like we know what we’re doing. It’s easier than it seems.
1. Throw your hair up in a messy bun. No matter your hair texture, or how badly the ends of your strands look, you can always put it up and spray with a bit of hairspray to make sure it lasts all day.
2. Sunglasses. They hide tired eyes, puffy eyes, hangovers, and blemishes. They are truly the best accessory. You don’t even need make-up.
3. Starbucks. I don’t care if you despise it, but carrying around a Starbucks cup in your hand makes you look SO darn fancy.
4. Wine. Display wine bottles all over your place. Collect the corks to display on your coffee table. Basically, wine will always be the answer. No matter what.
5. LaCroix Water. I probably will never be able to pronounce it, but when you pull one out of your bag, you will look fancy as f*ck.
6. Throw on a dress. Honestly, why even bother putting on pants anymore?
7. Always order the biggest plate of pasta you can. Literally, everyone else with their pathetic salads are going to stare at you with envy. #winning. #alwayssayyestopasta.
8. Save old selfies. Whenever you feel on ‘fleek’, take a picture. On the days when you are lying in bed with nothing to do, post one of those old but HOT pictures of yourself. Likes guaranteed.
9. Google pictures of the gym. Then, post some believable ones on your snapchat. Keep ‘slaying’ in bed.
10. If you must go out, don’t forget your ‘medicine’. Now, when you want to leave early to a gathering, show your friends your ‘antibiotics’ that the doctor prescribed for you. You are free to go, and in the clear.
11. Fairy lights. So, you don’t feel like vacuuming or cleaning your apartment up at all? Not a problem. Buy some cute lights, hang them up, and your friends won’t even notice the disaster that is right in from of them.
12. Adult coloring books. Some may say you’re lazy for not going out on a Friday night, I say you are relaxing your mind with some good old fashioned fun (and alcohol).
13. Make up your bed. No matter how messy and disgusting your bedroom is, making up your bed will always make you look like you are on top of things.
14. Always have gum on hand. Sometimes, you forget to brush your teeth while you were in a rush to get work. What does the job? Gum. Sometimes, you have a really bad hangover and brushing your teeth isn’t cutting it. What does the job? Gum.
15. Dry shampoo. We all don’t have time to wash our hair every single day. Meet dry shampoo: your new best friend. It gets rid of excess oil and makes it look like you actually tried (for once).
16. Fake plants. I don’t know what it is about plants, but they are really hard to take care of (or it’s just me). Solution? Fake flowers, fake hydrangeas, and fake succulents will make you seem like the queen of having your shit together.
17. When all else fails, stop giving a crap. Pay no mind to the people who try to put you down. Embrace your laziness. Embrace who you are. You’re freaking awesome.