What is a relationship like between two air signs of the zodiac, Aquarius and Libra? Is it a love match made in heaven or something to be avoided? Let’s dive into their personalities and learn about whether or not they’re compatible:
Aquarius and Libra Compatibility
The Aquarius Zodiac
- Aquarius is under the ruling planet of both Uranus and Saturn. Uranus is the only planet that spins on its side, which fits because his zodiac sign is known to be very individualistic and original in their ways. Saturn governs our ambition, knowledge, and limits of reality, and the Aquarius astrology sign is known to be intelligent and ambitious and often appearing “out of this world.”
- The Aquarius symbol, and its constellation of two parallel lines, is a water bearer, representing the flow of energy, thinking, and creativity.
- As a fixed sign, an Aquarian is a natural born leader with intelligence and persistence.
- As an air sign, an Aquarian is a breath of fresh air with a free spirit that is unlike any other.
- Aquarius personality traits:
- Independent, but hates being alone for long periods of time
- Friendly, good friends
- Intelligent, progressive, great problem solvers, good conversationalists
- Although they are fixed, it’s easy for them to adapt to new environments.
- They come across as strange – they just don’t care what people think about them!
- An Aquarius lover might seem a bit aloof, especially with their feelings, just because they don’t like to talk about it.
- Aquarius man personality traits:
- Social but independent
- Good at communicating
- His mind is always occupied with new ideas so he might appear aloof and distant.
- Don’t rush into a relationship with him. Just be his friend first.
- Aquarius woman personality traits:
- Practical and intelligent
- She appreciates individuality so get her attention by standing out from the crowd.
- Not great with emotions, so if you get too clingy, she might run away!
- In our astrology charts, we each have a rising sign: this is how we are perceived by people. These are the personality traits of an Aquarius rising sign:
- Sharp intellect and great conversationalists
- Free-spirited and unpredictable
Aquarius are free-spirited. They don’t like the idea of being tied down. There’s a chance they are going to start to feel suffocated and run away from a relationship when it gets too serious. This is why they need a partner who gives them space, a partner who encourages their independence instead of trying to take their freedom away from them. If this sign feels like they aren’t allowed to be themselves, like their relationship is taking away an important piece of them, they are going to go right back to being single.
Aquarius are drawn to unique people. They won’t want to date someone who sticks to the trends or tries too hard to fit in with the crowd. They want someone who has a mind of their own. They are an unpredictable sign and they want their partners to be unpredictable, as well. They don’t want every single day to be a repeat of the last. They want to live an exciting, spontaneous life with someone who is just as excited to experience the world as they are.
The Libra Zodiac
- Libra is under the planetary ruling of Venus, the ruler of love and beauty. This star sign loves luxury, beauty, and the finer things in life!
- The Libra symbol is the only sign of the zodiac that is represented by an object: scales. A Libran will appreciate and strive for balance and harmony in everyday life.
- As a cardinal sign, Libras are social butterflies and they make great leaders.
- As an air sign, Libras are flexible people pleasers. They’re also quite communicative and social-oriented.
- Libra personality traits:
- Appreciates and strives for balance.
- Social and charming and people-pleasing.
- Creative daydreamers.
- Will avoid confrontation.
- Libra man personality traits:
- Charming, flirty, romantic and will spoil you with luxurious gifts.
- Shallow — this sun sign wants a beautiful partner that will make him look good too.
- The Libra male will always want to put a little TLC into his appearance.
- Libra woman personality traits:
- Good conversationalist.
- Picky and won’t let herself be in a relationship with anyone who doesn’t fit her standards.
- Good at showing every side to her personality: loving and caring, and passive-aggressive and self-pitying.
- In our astrology charts, we each have a rising sign: this is how we are perceived by people. These are the personality traits of a Libra rising sign:
- Social creatures and great conversationalists.
- Indecisive and have no problem going with the flow.
- Outgoing and tend to be the moderator between friends.
Libras are people pleasers. They will do anything for a friend in need and are highly cooperative in a work environment. They never ruffle any feathers because they want everyone to like them. They want to be admired. Unfortunately, since they don’t want to get on anyone’s bad side, they cannot stand confrontation. They would rather lock themselves in the bathroom and cry than admit that something is wrong. It’s rare for them to show negative emotion, whether it’s anger or depression, in public.
Libras are picky when it comes to their relationships. They won’t settle for less than they deserve – and they believe they deserve a partner who is beautiful on both the inside and the outside. Although this is one of the kindest signs you will ever meet, they are surprisingly superficial. They care about appearances. They aren’t going to enter a relationship with someone they view as beneath them. After all, they are social creatures. They have a lot of options and know when they can do better.
Aquarius and Libra: Friendship Compatibility
- It’s a harmonious friendship between Aquarius and Libra, with Libra’s need for balance and their people pleasing attitude, and Aquarius’ free spirit but adaptive nature.
- These astrology signs share an enthusiasm for life, freedom, and intellect.
- An Aquarian will want to be spontaneous, explore, and meet new people. A Libran will want to do the same but might be a bit less spontaneous about it.
- An Aquarius sign is known to go through a rebellious streak every once in a while, and balanced Libra might have trouble handling it.
Both of these signs are interested in exploring the beauty of the world. They love meeting new people and learning more about the universe. They are hungry for knowledge and experience. These two signs will make excellent friends because they are social butterflies. They will never turn down the opportunity to go to a party, a concert, or a road trip. They will be up for almost anything. Every adventure they go on together will strengthen their bond.
However, their friendship could get rocky if an Aquarius decides to make some dangerous, risky decisions. Libras aren’t interested in getting in trouble. They don’t want to upset anyone. They don’t want to be judged harshly by their peers. If an Aquarius ends up with a bad reputation, then a Libra might start to distance themselves in order to protect their own reputation. They won’t want their names associated anymore. They will choose their social standing over their friendship.
Aquarius and Libra: Sex and Love Compatibility
- It’s super hot and steamy in a sexual relationship between Aquarius and Libra–but it won’t start off that way. In love, it will take time for them to develop trust and comfort.
- Despite being ruled by Venus, a Libra partner might be a bit shyer and reserved in the bedroom. Thanks to Aquarius’ attitude of not caring what people think, they’re able to get Libra comfortable enough to open up sexually.
- With the Aquarius traits of independence and a free-spirit, a Libra lover might get insecure about the relationship.
- In love, a Libra will want to be close 24/7 while an Aquarius will value solitude more than anything else. They might face power struggles from time to time, too. Fortunately, they’re great at communicating–especially with one another–and it’s nothing they can’t work through.
Aquarius couldn’t care less about what others think while Libras are deeply concerned with the opinions of others. This could actually be beneficial in the bedroom because an Aquarius could help a Libra feel more confident about their own body. An Aquarius could remind a Libra that the goal is to have a good time together, not to worry about what they look like in the act. Such a laid-back attitude could be contagious and strengthen their relationship.
However, although these signs can have super-steamy encounters in the bedroom, a romantic relationship between them could be difficult. An Aquarius prefers to remain independent and alone, so a Libra might feel like they are getting neglected. They might feel like they are putting more effort into the relationship than they are receiving in return. This could cause a Libra to develop insecurities, and the moment their ego takes a hit, they will consider breaking up.
Zodiac Compatibility with an Aquarius or a Libra
- If you’re an Aquarius, you’ll find that you connect with certain signs more than others, specifically those with the fire element, like Sagittarius or Aries. There is passionate and exciting energy between Aquarius and Aries, and despite both signs lacking emotional tenderness, they are still trusting of one another and good at communicating. Aquarius and Sagittarius seem to be on the same level of emotions and communication, so this is a strong pair too.
- If you’re an Aquarius, you’ll find that a relationship with water sign Pisces won’t be the best fit. Pisces are very emotional and possessive and will only want to have sex with the love of their life, while a free-spirited Aquarian won’t be interested in that in the slightest.
- If you’re a Libra, a relationship with a Leo will be strong, especially in the bedroom. With Leo’s confidence and Libra’s sexuality, they’re able to communicate their feelings and desires. Libras like the finer things in life and Leos like to be in the center of attention, so they’ll find a mutual interest in a luxurious life.
- If you’re a Libra, a relationship with a Virgo won’t be so good. It will always be bad timing and tension with the introverted Virgo and the sociable Libra. In a Virgo-Libra relationship, they will have a hard time communicating their feelings and this will lead to dissatisfaction in the relationship.
Aquarius pair well with fire signs because they don’t take their emotions too seriously. They focus on what feels good in the moment instead of worrying about their futures. These signs will have a steamy, passionate relationship that is more focused on the now than forever. Since they’re on the same page when it comes to their wants and needs, they will rarely have a reason to fight. They will naturally understand each other.
Meanwhile, a Libra will work best with a Leo. Both signs are obsessed with creating their ideal life. They want the perfect house, the perfect career, and the perfect relationship. They are both superficial signs. They will put an immense amount of effort into their appearances in order to impress each other – and they will both appreciate the end result. They will be proud to be seen together.
Aquarius and Libra: Relationship Compatibility with an Aquarius or a Libra
Libra man + Aquarius woman
A careful, balanced Libra man and an ambitious, stubborn Aquarius woman make an interesting couple. In the bedroom, the Aquarius woman will be pushy and will go after the things she needs, and if the Libra man doesn’t get some of the power, he’ll start to act a bit passive-aggressive until he gets what he wants and needs.
Aquarius man + Libra woman
A relationship between an Aquarius man and Libra woman will be on the same page with intellect, shared values, and trust. However, they might struggle in the bedroom: the Libra woman will be shy, while Aquarius man will want to experiment. They also might clash in terms of materialism: while Libra will love spending her money on luxurious items, Aquarius will want to be a bit more frugal.
Libra compatibility with a Libra:
No matter if it’s a Libra man and woman, man and man, or woman and woman, a Libra-Libra relationship will be harmonious. When two of these astrology signs come together, the relationship is full of peace, harmony, aesthetic, bliss, and beauty. They’re able to work together and make a lasting love connection.
Aquarius compatibility with an Aquarius:
No matter if it’s an Aquarius man and woman, man and man, or woman and woman, an Aquarius-Aquarius relationship will be interesting and exciting. Although it might be hard for them to express their emotions and talk about their feelings, there’s enough trust and understanding to keep the relationship strong and moving forward.
Libras strive for balance. They want to feel comfortable with their homes, their careers, their looks, and their lives as a whole. Two Libras will work well together because they want the same type of future. Plus, they have high standards for themselves and for the people surrounding them. They will willingly meet each other’s expectations. They won’t let each other down because it would also feel like they were letting themselves down.
Meanwhile, two Aquarius have the potential to build a lifelong relationship. However, it’s going to take some work. Both of them are going to need to put effort into communicating their emotions and exploring their vulnerability. If they don’t express their feelings to each other, they are going to get into constant arguments and avoidable misunderstandings. They are never going to know what is going on in the other’s mind.Aquarius: Zodiac Sign & Horoscope Libra: Zodiac Sign & Horoscope