In astrology, we have Taurus and Scorpio, two opposite signs on the zodiac wheel. Taurus is an earth sign, while Scorpio is a water sign. However, despite their placements in the zodiac, they are quite similar and seem to be pretty compatible. So let’s dive in and learn about their personalities and see if there’s relationship compatibility between Taurus and Scorpio:
Taurus and Scorpio Compatibility
The Taurus Zodiac
- A Taurean is ruled by Venus, the planet of love and beauty. This sun sign is known to be grounded and patient, and those characteristics will evidently bleed into their relationships.
- This zodiac sign is represented by a bull, which makes sense because stubbornness (or rather, committed) is their most dominant personality trait. A bull also symbolizes patience, determination, and strength.
- As a fixed sign, a Taurus will be nurturing, stable, and patient. They like to wait for things to bloom naturally.
- As an earth sign, they are stable, hardworking, and capable of sticking to a routine. They tend to care about materialistic things a lot because they want to live comfortably.
- Personality traits of the Taurus zodiac:
- Patient, understanding
- Stubborn, determined, committed
- Possessive, especially of materialistic things
- Generous, nurturing, kind
- Easy-going but don’t like to be pushed out of their comfort zone. They’re terrified of change!
- Taurus man personality:
- Strong, yet tender
- Loyal and will expect loyalty in return
- Will show his emotional side when he trusts someone
- The Taurus man won’t really be spontaneous or sexually adventurous. He likes routine and will feel comfortable when or if you develop a routine with them.
- Taurus woman personality:
- She is a woman who appreciates the finer things in life.
- Patient and okay with a slower, naturally unfolding relationship.
- She is more in tune with her Venus ruling than a Taurus man is: she’s sensual and will want to be seduced in the bedroom!
Taurus are terrified of change. They get attached to their routines and rarely branch out to try new things. They need a partner who is comfortable with the idea of eating at the same restaurants every weekend and watching the same movies again and again. They won’t mesh well with someone who is hungry for adventure and spontaneity. A Taurus would much rather stick with what they already know because it makes them feel safe and secure. They are a loving sign — but they are a predictable sign.
Taurus are generous and kind, but they don’t want to be the only one in the relationship putting in effort. They want to be spoiled by their partners. Since they tend to be materialistic and value the finer things in life, they love being surprised with presents. Anything from a box of chocolates to a bouquet of flowers will make a Taurus’ day. However, if their partner never gives them gifts, they will start to feel neglected and unloved. They need more than I love yous to feel wanted. They also need physical proof.
The Scorpio Zodiac
- The Scorpio zodiac is ruled by two planets: Pluto (ruler of psychic energy) and Mars (ruler of self-expression).
- The Scorpio symbol is represented by a scorpion, which symbolizes power and intimacy.
- As a fixed sign, a Scorpio is a determined, stable personality. They have a strong “my way or the highway” attitude about things.
- As a water sign, a Scorpio will be very in tune with their emotions, no matter how deep or intense. They’ll only open up to someone if they feel comfortable enough doing so.
- Personality traits of a Scorpio:
- Full of passion and emotion, even if they hide it sometimes
- Hate not being in control
- Strong and determined
- Prone to jealousy
- Obsessive and will hold grudges
- Not a stranger to mood swings
- Scorpio man personality:
- Strong, passionate, energetic
- Will notice right away if you’re trying to play games with him
- Hard to read sometimes
- Would prefer to be in a committed relationship than experience a bunch of flings
- Scorpio woman personality:
- Emotional, but hides it
- Demanding and possessive
- Flirtatious and confident, but won’t be quick to give her heart away
Scorpios are flirtatious, but they would rather enter a serious relationship than date a string of strangers. However, before they agree to commit, they need to know the other person isn’t going to hurt them. They cannot exist in a relationship without loyalty. They are too possessive to share their partner with anyone else. This is why they lean toward monogamy and have trouble with casual relationships and open relationships. They don’t like to share things, and they don’t like to share people.
Scorpios are leaders, not followers. They prefer to take control in every situation, whether they are at work, in the bedroom, or hanging out with a group of friends. They don’t want to be given orders or told the right way to do something because they would rather figure it out on their own. Since Scorpios are so independent, they need a partner who isn’t going to nag them or criticize them over every little mistake they make. They need a partner who is going to give them space.
Taurus and Scorpio: Friendship Compatibility
- Taurus is the opposite sign of Scorpio on the zodiac wheel, which is why there might be an intense emotional connection between them and why they make such a strong pair.
- Both signs are stubborn, determined, and possessive, which could either be a good or bad thing.
- Taurus and Scorpio share the same outlooks on life and share the determination to go after the things they want.
- They both want stability and as long as they compromise and talk about problems when they arrive, this can be a strong friendship.
Scorpios and Taurus are protective over the people who mean the most to them. They will do anything for a friend in need, even if it means having to sacrifice something of their own in the process. Friendships between these two signs can be incredibly strong because they are both loyal. They won’t let each other down. They will support each other, encourage each other, and push each other forward. Plus, they both crave secure, stable relationships so they can be a constant in each other’s lives.
However, some of their overlapping personality traits could become an issue. Namely, their stubbornness. Neither sign is comfortable coming to compromises because they are set in their ways. They always believe they are right and are terrified of change. If they happen to have opposite opinions on an issue, and neither of them are willing to budge, then it could cause trouble between them. They might allow a small disagreement to snowball until it ends their entire friendship.
Taurus and Scorpio: Sex and Love Compatibility
It’s believed that opposing signs of the zodiac have certain, similar qualities that make them a strong love match.
- Scorpios are deep and mysterious and will inspire their Taurus partner with their ways, while Taurus is very practical and straightforward and will influence their Scorpio partner the same way. They balance each other out!
- Taurus and Scorpio might have a passionate disagreement every once in a while, because they’re both so stubborn, but it’s important for them to communicate and compromise if they want to keep the relationship going (and they do!).
- There’s a strong sexual compatibility between Taurus and Scorpio. Not only will they feel connected as opposing signs of the zodiac, but also, with a Taurus sign being ruled by Venus, the planet of love, and Scorpio being an emotional and deep water sign.
- Although Taurus is ruled by Venus, they are not the most romantic star sign. A Taurus lover will be a bit reserved at first and will patiently watch love naturally unfold. They are highly possessive and will want someone to match their level of commitment.
- Scorpio is a sign full of emotions, even if they don’t always show it. As a lover, this sign is quite obsessive and jealous. They would prefer to be in a confident, sensual, committed relationship than go through a bunch of meaningless flings.
These two signs work together well because they are both possessive. Once they find someone special and get attached, they refuse to let go. They don’t want anything or anyone to get in the way of their love story. These signs long to be in a committed relationship with someone who matches their intensity. Although they are quite different, and won’t always see eye-to-eye, they are capable of forming a reliable, long-term relationship together.
The biggest issue between these two signs is that Taurus want their partners to show their love outwardly. They want constant reminders that they are loved. Unfortunately, Scorpios aren’t always good when it comes to showing their emotions. They might show their love in small, subtle ways or they might not show their love at all. Their fear of rejection causes them to keep their emotions bottled up inside. This reluctance to perform grand, romantic gestures can give a Taurus the wrong idea.
Zodiac Compatibility With a Taurus or Scorpio
- If you’re a Taurus, you’ll have great relationships with Virgo or Pisces. Virgo is represented by a woman, or a virgin, and will often be afraid to show her sensual side. Taurus can teach Virgo about love and sexuality. Virgo can help Taurus become more flexible and patient and also urge them to step out of their comfort zone. Pisces is another great pair for Taurus — this relationship is all about pleasure, love, and emotional sensuality. Both these signs crave romance and beauty and with that, communication and trust will be strong.
- If you’re a Taurus, expect that a relationship with an Aquarius will be bad. All you can see are the differences between the two of you: Taurus, a nurturing earth sign who is set in their ways, and Aquarius, a distant and elusive air sign. You will have a hard time trusting one another (Taurus more so than Aquarius) and will feel as if you’re from two different worlds.
- If you’re a Scorpio (sun, rising, or moon sign), you will find that you get along best with earth sign Capricorn or air sign Libra. Capricorn compliments Scorpio because while Scorpio is mysterious and suspicious of others, Capricorn is stable and dependable and allows for Scorpio to open up and be vulnerable. Libra is ruled by the planet of love, and with Scorpio’s ruling of passionate Mars and intuitive Pluto, there’s harmony between these two.
- If you’re a Scorpio sign, avoid a relationship with an Aries. Aries is a sign that is very dominant, intense, and a bit self-centered. Both of these signs are ruled by Mars, the planet of passion, however, they’re opposites in the sense that Aries is a fire sign and Scorpio is a water sign. With that being said, there’s intense aggression between them. With Scorpio’s jealousy and Aries’ intensity, this evidently causes destruction.
Taurus want to feel special. They want to know their partner cares as much as they care. They belong with a romantic sign who is going to shower them with presents and sweet surprises out of the blue. Material items, like jewelry and flowers, can go a long way with a Taurus. This sign simply cannot be with someone who keeps their emotions to themselves. They need to feel valued by their partner, and they need to trust their partner. Otherwise, their relationship is going to fall apart.
Scorpios get along best with people who are dependable. They cannot stand unpredictable partners who will bail on plans without warning or who will betray them and then expect an apology to smooth things over. Scorpios aren’t interested in games or drama. They don’t need their lives to be considered exciting. They would rather be in a stable relationship, working a stable job, living a stable life. They value security above all else.Scorpio: Zodiac Sign & Horoscope Taurus: Zodiac Sign & Horoscope