1. He takes days to answer your texts. When he’s in the mood to talk to you, he sends the most flirtatious texts. But other times, he doesn’t answer you back at all. You never know whether he is going to stay up until midnight bantering with you or whether he is going to leave you hanging.
2. He keeps telling you he misses you. But he never makes concrete plans to hang out with you. He might ask you when you’re free or say something vague about how he wants to take you out for drinks, but that’s as far as he goes.
3. Your relationship status is confusing. He avoids conversations about what are we. He avoids introducing you as his girlfriend. He avoids talking about the future. He feels like your boyfriend, but you would never call him that.
4. He makes you feel emotions in extremes. You’re either super excited about meeting up with him or are devastated about him canceling at the last second. You are either thrilled about the compliment he gave you or miserable about the way he avoided you all day. There is no in between when it comes to him.
5. He never follows through on what he says. He tells you that he wants you to meet his friends, but never invites you out with them. He tells you that he wants to be with you, but never makes an actual move. He creates big promises that he never fulfills.
6. You aren’t the only one he’s talking to. Whenever you meet up with him, he spends more time answering texts than talking to you. Not to mention, he is still on Tinder. He is still flirting with every girl he sees. Meeting you hasn’t convinced him to give up the single life.
7. He makes excuses. He already acts like your boyfriend, but it’s obvious he doesn’t want that title, because he comes right out and says that he is not ready for a relationship or that he thinks you’re better off staying friends. He wants you to know that dating isn’t in the cards.
8. It never goes further than kissing. You have held hands before. You have cuddled in bed before. You have gotten intimate before. But you have never been out on an official date.
9. You are not considered a priority. He never rearranges plans to see you. He never goes out of his way to do something nice for you. He only hangs out with you (or texts you) when it’s convenient. When it doesn’t get in the way of other things.
10. He goes MIA for weeks. And then he pops back into your life again as if he’s never left. He thinks he can have your attention whenever he pleases. He thinks he can use you whenever he wants.
11. He takes without giving anything in return. He expects you to answer his texts right away and drive to his place whenever he asks to see you, but he won’t return the favor. He expects you to do more for him than he is willing to do for you.
12. You have been waiting a while. Honestly, if you were going to get together, it would have happened by now. You’ve known each other for a long time. You’ve been flirting for a long time. But you’re still just friends. And that’s never going to change.