1. You’re always counting down. You keep track of the days until vacation. The hours until you can climb back into bed. The minutes left until the show you’re watching is over. You keep looking at the clock and calendar instead of enjoying what’s right in front of you. Stop wishing for the future and take a look at your present.
2. You have a heavy schedule. You want to be productive? Great. But you don’t have to work eight hours and exercise and read and go grocery shopping all in one day. You can spread it out throughout the week. And if one week you don’t have time for one of those things, that’s okay. Stop being so damn hard on yourself.
3. You obsess over social media. If you get ten likes instead of thirty, it doesn’t mean your picture was ugly and you should take it down ASAP. Leave it up. It looks fine. No one is judging you over it.
4. You accidentally harm your body. You’re going to leave scars if you keep picking at your acne. You’re going to destroy your nails if you keep biting down on them. And you’re going to pull out your hair if you keep playing with it. If you need something to fidget with, buy a stress ball.
5. You keep putting little things off. Answer that email as soon as you read it. Hang up your clothes as soon as the laundry is done. Put your groceries away as soon as you get home. Do your future self a favor and stop procrastinating.
6. You never stop multitasking. If you’re texting while driving, you aren’t paying enough attention to the road — and if you’re texting while your friend is talking, you won’t get the full experience that the conversation offers. Enjoy one thing at a time. Soak it all in. You’ll have time to text later. Promise.
7. You stay in your pajamas. Unless you think it’s time for a lazy day, get dressed. It will make you feel more awake. There’s a bigger chance you’ll get your chores done if you actually have on pants.
8. You listen to depressing music. If you’re ready to get over your breakup, stop listening to songs that remind you of your ex. Put on something upbeat. Something that will motivate you to get out of your rut.
9. You don’t drink enough water. When you’re dehydrated, your skin looks crappy. You feel tired and weak. You get sick easier. You’ll feel a hell of a lot better if you start sipping more water.
10. You skip meals. If you’re trying to lose weight, starving yourself isn’t the way to do it. And if you think you’re too busy to eat, you’re not. Even if you have to rush out of the house, you can always carry a granola bar or a yogurt around with you.
11. You stay up for no reason. Nothing is on television. No one is online. You’re staying up, watching random YouTube videos you couldn’t care less about when you should be going to bed. Stop doing that. Get beauty rest so you don’t hate yourself in the morning.