Pickup lines are notoriously associated with college guys and drunken bar-boys trying to chat up a woman. And they often come off as eye-roll inducing or overtly sexist. In fact, you can bet your bottom dollar that anything sexual or overtly cheesy is going to have your woman rolling her eyes and laughing to her girlfriends about you later. However, there are a few exceptions to the rules.
Flirting with chat-up lines doesn’t have to be completely embarrassing. Often, acknowledging the silliness of a pickup line can save you from the bad connotations associated with one.
Pickup lines for the funny guy:
1. Kiss me if I’m wrong, but dinosaurs still exist, right?
2. You’re so pretty, I wouldn’t even need to use an Instagram filter if I took your photo.
3. Roses are red, bananas are yellow, want to go out with a nice little fellow?
4. Hey, you’re pretty and I’m cute. Together we’d be Pretty Cute.
5. Are you a camera? Because every time I look at you, I smile.
6. Want to come see my HARD DRIVE? I promise it isn’t 3.5 inches and it isn’t floppy.
7. If you were a tropical fruit, you’d be a fine-apple!
8. If I were a stop light, I’d turn red every time you passed by, just so I could stare at you a bit longer.
9. Screw the nice list, I’ve got you on my “nice and naughty list.”
10. Can I follow you home? Because my parents always told me to follow my dreams.
Pickup lines for the smooth guy:
1. I have had a really bad day and it always makes me feel better to see a pretty girl smile. So, would you smile for me?
2. Your smile lit up the room, so I had to come over.
3. I seem to have lost my phone number. Can I have yours?
4. Do you have a Band-Aid? Because I just scraped my knee falling for you.
5. You must be a magician, because every time I look at you, everyone else disappears.
6. Do you know what my shirt is made of? Boyfriend material.
7. My buddies bet me that I wouldn’t be able to start a conversation with the most beautiful girl in the bar. Want to buy some drinks with their money?
8. Hey, I just realized this, but you look a lot like my next girlfriend.
9. Can I tie your shoes? I don’t want you falling for anyone else.
10. If kisses were snowflakes, I’d send you a blizzard.
Pickup lines for the nerdy guy:
1. Your chromosomes have combined beautifully.
2. If you were C6, and I were H12, all we would need is the air we breathe to be sweeter than sugar.
3. Are you made of Copper and Tellurium? Because you are Cu-Te.
4. Mario is Red. Sonic is blue. Press start to join, and be my player 2.
5. Is your name Google? Because you have everything I’ve been searching for.
6. Do you like Science? Because I’ve got my ion you!
7. Where’s the ‘like’ button for that smile?
8. You have nicer legs than an isosceles right triangle.
9. You must’ve been made by Intel to be that hot!
10. Are you a video game? Because I think you’re my Destiny.
Pickup lines for the brave guy:
1. Baby, if you were words on a page, you’d be what they call FINE print.
2. My love for you is like diarrhea. I can’t hold it in.
3. So did it hurt when you fell from heaven?
4. Let’s play Titanic. When I say iceberg, you go down.
5. I have a snake and he wants to enter your garden.
6. You must be a broom, because you just swept me off my feet.
7. Hey, I lost my underwear, can I see yours?
8. My name is Peter Pan and I can take you to Never Never Land.
9. Are you a parking ticket? Because you’ve got FINE written all over you.
10. If I was a fly, I’d land on you first. Because you’re the shit.
Don’t like pickup lines? Use these alternatives:
1. Texting. Texting can be an amazingly cute way to communicate with a girl.
For all men trying to honestly learn the art of flirty texting, just remember the cardinal rule: When in doubt, use a winky-face. While some women find emoticons trite and beneath them, 95% of them find it adorable when a man uses them. Not sure if she’s going to reciprocate your flirtation? Use a wink. Saying a joke that is obviously silly or cheesy? Use a wink. Trying to make an otherwise normal sentence seem more sexual? Use a wink!
Emoticons are adorable, and nothing is going to make a girl smile more than a yellow smiley from the guy she really likes. Smileys make her feel like she’s brought you down to an ooey-gooey level that you’d be ashamed for your bros to know about – and she likes that feeling.
Plus, it lets her know that she’s made you smile!
#2 Sarcasm. Sarcasm can be one of the most charming ways to flirt.
Playful banter is a fantastic way to flirt, as it forms inside jokes with your potential partner, shows off your wit, and creates fabulous sexual tension. Just make sure she’s the type of girl who would get your sarcasm. You wouldn’t want to make the best sarcastic comeback of life, only to be received by a blank stare!
#3 Know what works and what doesn’t. Remember, it’s not what you say, it’s how you say it.
Don’t feel the need to go off a list of girl-approved pick-up lines, if that doesn’t work for you. Charming a girl is about having personality, and you know what works for your personality. If you don’t fancy yourself a slick charmer, then sarcasm probably isn’t your kind of wit. Not a texting guy? Then an abundance of smileys in a message will just come off awkward.
Whatever type of guy you are, you can find the greatest pickup line for your personal taste. And if you fail? Practice, practice, practice! There are always plenty more lines to try! In the end, flirting is flirting, so have fun with it and find what works best for you.