1. What is a skill you have that most people don’t acknowledge?
2. How would your best friend describe you?
3. What is the first complex problem you can remember solving as a kid?
4. What’s your least favorite time of day and why?
5. Do you work better as an individual or as part of a team?
6. Do you prefer working in an office setting or remotely?
7. Can you tell me about a challenge you overcame in a previous role?
8. What is something new you hope to learn in this position?
9. What are three words you’d use to define yourself?
10. What’s one instance of failure in past, and how did you respond to it?
11. How do you measure success?
12. What is your favorite quote?
13. What is your favorite book?
14. What is your favorite song?
15. How do you like to spend your free time?
16. How would you describe your type of intelligence—as serious or fluid?
17. What TV character best resembles your professional persona?
18. How did you hear about this position?
19. What does your ideal work culture look like?
20. What’s the difference between a job and a career in your opinion, and which one are you looking for here?
21. In what way did you add the most value in your last position?
22. What is your most valuable skill?
23. If you were given a million dollars how would you spend it and what would you do with your time?
24. What mantra best reflects your approach to life?
25. What film, tv show, or book has been most meaningful to you and why?
26. What are your hobbies?
27. If there was no limit for growth potential in this position, where would you want it to take you?
28. Can you tell me a good joke?
29. If you were an animal what animal would you be and why?
30. What’s the last book you read?
31. What would you do if the zombie apocalypse began today?
32. What is your definition of work-life balance?
33. How do you deal with negative outside opinions about you and/or your work?
34. What is your work process like?
35. How do you organize your workload?
36. What would you do if you caught someone stealing?
37. What is your approach to forming friendships with your coworkers?
38. How do you manage conflict in the workplace?
39. In your opinion, were Ross and Rachel on a break?
40. What are your current boss’ best and worst qualities?
41. What websites do you read regularly?
42. What is something you’d like to improve about yourself?
43. What is one thing you would change about your past position(s)?
44. What do you know about our company?
45. Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten years? Twenty?
46. In what ways have you grown in the last five years?
47. Can you sell me this [insert random object]?
48. What are your greatest strengths?
49. What are your biggest weaknesses?
50. Why should we hire you?
51. Can you describe yourself in exactly five words?
52. What’s the most interesting thing about you that’s not on your resume?
53. What interests you about this job?
54. Why do you want this role?
55. What are your short-term career goals?
56. What are your long-term career goals
57. What challenges are you looking for in a position?
58. What has to happen during the course of the day to make it a good one for you at work?
59. Why do you think you will be successful at this job?
60. What’s one of your greatest accomplishments inside or outside of the workplace?
61. Tell me about a time when you were faced with conflicting priorities. How did you determine the top priority?
62. Can you describe a difficult work situation or project and how you overcame it?
63. How do you handle stress and pressure?
64. What are your pet peeves?
65. What type of work environment do you prefer?
66. What is your greatest professional achievement?
67. Why would you hire yourself?
68. What’s your management style?
69. Can you describe an instance in which you demonstrated leadership skills?
70. Can you describe a time when you disagreed with a decision made from above at work and explain how you handled it?
71. Have you ever pivoted in your career path and if so, why?
72. How would your last boss describe you?
73. If you were at a work lunch or dinner and you ordered a medium rare steak and they brought it to you well done, how would you handle the situation?
74. What would you do if you discovered that one of your superiors was doing something questionable?
75. What’s the most difficult thing you’ve been through?
76. Do you have any professional regrets?
77. What has been the highlight of your career so far?
78. Can you describe a time when you went above and beyond at work?
79. What inspires you?
80. What hampers your inspiration?
81. What is your leadership style?
82. Have you ever had to work with someone who wasn’t pulling their weight, and, if so, how did you handle it?
83. Has your work ever been criticized and if so, how did you respond?
84. What is your approach to working with people who annoy you?
85. What is your approach to working with people who are more accomplished than you are professionally?
86. What are your most defining personality traits?
87. What is your Myers-Briggs personality type?
88. If you learned that your company was doing something illegal, how would you proceed?
89. How do you handle yourself when assigned a task you’re not excited about?
90. What is your tolerance level for tedium?
91. How do you handle a massive workload?
92. Have you ever missed a deadline?
93. Have you ever had to come to terms that you were just not the right fit for a given task?
94. Why did you choose this career path?
95. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
96. How have you changed as a person since entering the workforce?
97. Do you rely on your occupation for fulfillment?
98. What do you need from your everyday routine in order to feel content and fulfilled?
99. What’s the strangest question you’ve been asked in an interview?
100. Do you have any questions for me?