1. The things you think will kill you, in fact, probably won’t.
2. The things you think won’t kill you, just might. And if they don’t come in for the kill, they will at least come in for a surprise attack.
3. People will change. And they will change their minds, change their minds and change their minds again.
4. You will change. And you will change your mind, change your mind and change your mind again.
5. You must do a lot of things in life that you don’t want to do. Consider these to be character building exercises, suck it up, and do them.
6. You don’t have to do these things forever and as soon as you have an escape route mapped out, take it.
7. Keep your escape routes near and dear. Don’t share them too often, or too soon. Not until it’s time.
8. The longer you stay in the fight, the more battle wounds you are likely to endure. Never bow out. Never stop fighting for what you believe in.
9. You are more like your parents than you ever thought was possible. Embrace every strength and every weakness. There is still much to learn from them. Soak up as much as you can, while you can.
10. The world may be your oyster, but watch out because it’s everyone else’s oyster too. It is one giant competitive and relentless oyster. Keep your eyes peeled and your head on a swivel.
11. There’s no perfect path for your life that you have yet to uncover. You simply must “do you.” This takes endless sacrifice and a hell of a lot of heart.
12. Sometimes you have to lose the things you care about along the way. This may only be for a season.
13. Sometimes you will lose yourself. Just don’t lose yourself for too long.
14. Most answers don’t come easy. Some answers don’t come at all.
15. It’s okay to question everything. Having more questions than answers means you are being honest with yourself.
16. Honesty is the first step toward anything that is worth everything.
17. Many times the idea of something is entirely more appealing than the actual, even though that grass is looking mighty green over there.
18. Not only is it okay to be selfish when it comes to your own wellbeing, being selfish is vital when it comes to your own wellbeing.
19. No amount of money in the world is worth more than being true to yourself. If someone tries to tell you any differently, then as Florence Welch says, “Run fast.”
20. It’s okay to run. Just be sure you are running into the light, and that the light is not a train.
21. It’s okay to stay and face your problems. Just don’t stay so long that you forget how to get up and go again.
22. Although sometimes you may feel comfortable and secure, comfort and security are merely mirages. There is no artificial safety net waiting to catch you when you fall. It’s all you kid!
23. The greatest lessons in life are only learned the hard way.
24. The greatest things in life are still found for free. You just have to look.
25. Life is not a race. Keep a steady pace so you won’t miss out on the magnificent beauty that is waiting for you around each and every corner.
image – Shutterstock