1. You can’t fall asleep peacefully. Bed time is the worst for you because you replay every single interaction in your head and how it could’ve been better or what you should have said instead. And sometimes you remember things you’ve done years ago and beat yourself up for it.
2. You are never satisfied. No matter how talented you are or how much praise you’re getting, you will always feel like you could do better or your work isn’t good enough. The smallest error could mean the end of the world to you.
3. You don’t like asking for help even when you need it. Because it makes you feel weak and incapable of helping yourself. And when you ask for it, you feel like you are committing a crime. You want to do everything by yourself and you don’t want to cause anyone any inconvenience.
4. You feel bad if your friends are not having a good time. You feel responsible for their happiness. You see it as your problem that they aren’t having a good time and you try to solve it.
5. You can’t stop thinking about any minor criticism you’ve received. You are already self-critical, so when someone reaffirms your flaws or errors, you can remember it for months and months to come and won’t be happy until you fix it.
6. Yet you never believe compliments. If someone compliments you, you automatically think they’re just being nice to you or they don’t mean what they say. And of course you rarely give yourself any compliments.
7. You hate exposing your vulnerability. You don’t want people to know that you may not be as strong as you seem. You are known to be tough and you don’t want anything to change that. You even hate being vulnerable with your closest friends or family.
8. You think people will never forgive you. If you make a small mistake or if you offended someone, you always believe that this person will never forgive you for it and will remember it every time they see you. You fear that things will never be the same again. You expect people to be hard on you too.
9. You apologize a lot. For the things you did and the things you didn’t do. You sometimes apologize for traffic, storms or anything that you have no control over. Saying sorry comes naturally to you.
10. You don’t know how to receive love. You think that you have so many things to work on and improve that it’s so hard for anyone to love you. Even when someone does, you think it’s temporary, not real or not genuine. You expect people to walk away from you once they get to know who you really are. This is why you are emotionally guarded and find it very hard to let people in. You are definitely your own worst enemy.