- They keep in touch everyday.Something as small as an “I love you” message when traveling or even a “good morning” message even during the busiest of days means the world to any human and successful couples know this and put it into action.
- They take the time to learn about what the other person enjoys.Even if they don’t enjoy it themselves, they take the time to learn about what the other person enjoys and give them time and attention. For instance if one of them wants to go to an art show, and the other isn’t an art enthusiast, the other person will, once in a while go to an art show to support their partner’s interest.
- They do thoughtful little things for the other.Doing something for the other person doesn’t always mean buying them a present. Sometimes doing the other person’s chores without them even knowing as you are aware they are tired, or even bringing them their favourite coffee in the morning is good.
- They challenge each other to be better, and to be more self aware.This is not done through fighting or arguing or tantrums, just emotional and empowered debate. They question each others decisions without belittling or disrespecting the other. They push each other to challenge themselves at work and in love, and especially encourage each other to love themselves.
- They don’t fall in love, they walk in with both eyes open.Love is an extremely tumultuous and difficult road to navigate. Loving someone is not easy, especially if you fall in love with them too deeply without really looking at the kind of person they are. Successful couples take the time to know each other before they let themselves hurtle through the skies of love only to fall hard on an unwelcoming ground. Instead they learn as they walk together down a path in the meadow that is love.
Let it remind you that no matter how deep it goes, you will be able to heal it because you have been able to heal every single wound inflicted on your heart and soul before.
Nikita Gill’s best-selling poetry book, Your Heart Is The Sea, is back in stock.