1. If you smash silly putty with a hammer, it will break. Silly putty acts differently under pressure!
2. Mix cornstarch and water and it becomes a non-newtonian fluid. That means you can walk on it.
3. The Tarahumara people drink and run. They are well-renowned for their long-distance running abilities! They use the toe-strike method, which is the best way to run barefoot.
4. There’s a metal that REMEMBERS its shape. It’s called nitinol.
5. In 2012, Kotaku estimated that World Of Warcraft players logged in a collective amount of 6 million YEARS of playtime. I can’t imagine what that amount would be in 2014.
6. In Super Mario Brothers, if you lost your last life, you were transported back to 1-1, but if you held A and pressed start, you restarted at the last world you had died in.
7. This. Quantum entanglement is something that I cannot wrap my head around.
8. Apparently, educators can determine who will go on to drop out of school based on FOUR indicators.
9. The coldest temperature ever recorded in Singapore was… 69ºF.
10. Nudity is allowed in San Francisco, as long as you aren’t bother anybody. (Don’t swing your penis at people, I guess.)
11. The watermelon is actually a type of berry.
12. 1 million seconds is roughly 11 days. 1 billion seconds is roughly 31 years.
13. The number of possible ways to arrange a 52 card deck is about the number of atoms in the galaxy. Because: 52! = 8.06581752 × 10^67
14. You can fart in space, but it’s not recommended.
17. Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone also invented…a metal detector. He invented it to find bullets in President James. A Garfield’s body.
19. Some of the players on the 2000 Spanish Paralympic basketball team were in fact, not handicapped.
20. There’s about 50 billion neutrinos passing through our bodies at any given moment in time.
21. There are people in Bogota, Colombia that live in the sewers because they have nowhere else to go.
22. The microwave was discovered after an American scientist walked in front of it and noticed his chocolate bar melted in his pocket!
23. Battleship is an actual movie featuring Alexander Skarsgård, Rihanna, and Liam Neeson. (I still can’t believe it was made into a movie.)
25. An astounding 46% of Americans believe in creationism.
26. It’s been 21 years since Jurassic Park arrived at theaters.