1. Anime night.
How can you say no to a night binge session with some of your fellow buddies, watching Kyouko-chan doing her thing? You might not realize it, but you’ve just blown through 14 episodes in one sitting. The sun is coming up and the little cache of Red Bull you’ve stored away in your mini-fridge is depleted. Oh well. Bathroom break!
2. You secretly wish the world worked that way.
You’re re-watching Chobits for the 10th time this year and you secretly wish that there were fembots that would do your bidding and that you have the ability to reboot them when necessary. Oh, right, and they’re computers.
3. Complain about lack of fan service.
Fan service is the anime studio intentionally creating situations or characters to appease the heavily male-dominated audience. There are sites like these that help perpetuate the sexual elements and even hypersexual / hyperviolent activity. Apparently, GAINAX is really good at this. And when fans don’t get violence or softcorn porn, they will boycott.
4. You get incredibly excited when a new episode comes out.
You will forgo classes to watch the new episode of One Piece, even though you know it is futile.
5. Or you will download entire seasons and binge watch them.
Your friend just recommended you Cross Game. You will download all 50 episodes instead of just one. Your mantra: If you start it, you have to finish it.
Just one more and I’m going to sleep.
6. You own at least one dakimakura.
COME ON, ‘FESS UP.
7. You have one or more songs from an anime you like.
Not gonna lie, some songs are pretty badass.
8. You talk smack about dubbed versions and watch it in the original Japanese.
And of course, you watch it with subtitles and don’t really pick up in the language — just little bits here and there. “Dubbed is lame,” you will say. “It doesn’t sound right.” And you know what? It’s true. But on the flip side, the manga version is so much better.
9. Anime t-shirts.
You. With the Evangelion t-shirt. You stick out like a sore thumb. (Thumbs up.)
10. You collect everything about the anime.
11. You complain about filler episodes.
But you watch them anyway. (⌒_⌒;)
12. You wish animals could talk.
Ah, inu-kun, I wish you could talk to me.
13. You have your own victory pose.
You know, that stance you assume when you are on the dance floor.
14. They are anime.