1. Write openly and honestly about your biggest secret and why you must keep it safe.
2. Make a list of lessons you want your child or future child to learn.
3. Describe your ideal writing sanctuary.
4. Write about a conversation you wish you could have.
5. Write about a song, album, movie, or TV series that changed your life.
6. Turn a recent dream you had into a story with a clear beginning, middle and end.
7. Describe your greatest insecurity and why you struggle with it.
8. Create a timeline of small events that led up to a big event in your life.
9. Make a list of songs that elicit a strong emotional response for you and write openly about the memories associated with them.
10. Write about the last bad day you had and describe how you could’ve made it better.
11. Write a poem about the greatest joy or the greatest sorrow in your life right now.
12. Write about an eventful first day at a class or job you had (or have).
13. Make a list of the hardest lessons you’ve ever had to learn in your life.
14. What are you sick of? Write about it.
15. Write in depth about a subject that fascinates you. Aim to make your audience feel fascinated too.
16. Write about what would make a perfect morning, a perfect afternoon, a perfect evening, and a perfect night. Or better yet, make it happen and then write about it.
17. Write a letter to a long lost love or long lost friend, but don’t send it.
18. Write about how you were raised by your parent(s). Include the good, the bad, and the ugly.
19. Write about your greatest source of guilt.
20. Create a lesson plan for your dream class.
21. Write an apology to someone you wronged.
22. Write an apology you never received from someone who wronged you.
23. Describe a typical day in your life, including the innermost thoughts that run through your mind as you go through it.
24. Write an epic love story, fiction or nonfiction.
25. What’s the first story that comes to mind when you think of the word “tragedy”?
26. If you had one day left to live, who would you want to spend it with? Why?
27. Describe what vulnerability means to you.
28. Describe what a broken heart feels like.
29. Describe what falling in love feels like.
30. Write about a time you lost yourself.
31. Write about a trip you want to take as if you have already taken it.
32. Describe your greatest fear.
33. Write about the most challenging time in your life and how you ultimately got through it.
34. What is currently on your mind?
35. Write about an interesting conversation you overheard recently.
36. Write about something you feel is unfair.
37. Write about the last time you felt angry at someone.
38. Write about the last time you cried.
39. What is your favorite place in the world? Why?
40. Who is your favorite person in the world? Why?
41. Write about a stigma you find troubling.
42. Write about a subject you find to be taboo in our society.
43. What political issues do you care about?
44. What do you want to be remembered for?
45. What is love?
46. Write your life story, including what you hope your future looks like.