1. It’s okay to treat yourself. Cookies, and cupcakes and brownies, oh my! Stop counting calories. Life is all about balance. Never feel guilty for snacking on sweets.
2. It’s okay to have bad days. Let’s be real. Life isn’t always rainbows and unicorns. Some days are simply storm clouds and epic struggles. Remember that the sun will always shine again. Never let one bad day or one challenging obstacle affect you, or future sunny days.
3. It’s okay not to be okay. Better days are coming. Better days will be here to stay. The present may be tough, but so are you. In the end, everything will be okay. And if it’s not okay, then it’s simply not the end. Take a deep breath. Sometimes we need to fall apart before we find ourselves.
4. It’s okay to lose friends. Time reveals real friends. Friends who stick beside you through thick and thin. Don’t ever blame yourself for a failed friendship. Don’t ever think that there is something wrong with you.
5. It’s okay not to be in love. You are young and beautiful. Stop searching for love. Love will find you when you are ready. Love will find you when you need it. Focus on yourself. Be wild and free. Let your wings fly.
6. It’s okay to ask for help. I’ll admit asking for help can be intimidating and a tiny bit frightening at times, but you are human. And a pretty amazing one I should add. Don’t be afraid to reach out if you are struggling.
7. It’s okay to cry. Cry. Ball your eyes out. Then, wipe away your tears. Put on some lipstick and conquer the world. Sometimes the only way to overcome is to have a good fucking cry. So whether it be in the front seat of your car before your business meeting or in the arms of your girlfriends chugging a bottle of wine, let it out and breathe.
8. It’s okay to fuck up. You’re human. Fuck ups are a part of life. And that’s perfectly okay. Fuck ups do not define you. Say fuck it and move on.
9. It’s okay to be yourself. You are perfect the way you are. You are a masterpiece. A beautiful, brave and courageous masterpiece. Embrace everything that makes you, you. Embrace your flaws and your imperfections. And tell anyone who judges you to fuck off. Never stop living life to the fullest. Trust me. It’s okay to be yourself.
10. It’s okay to let go. The past is a riptide that will continue to pull you under. A whirlpool that will continue to suck you in. And it’s toxic. Behind you is a wildfire. Run. Be free. Never feel guilty for moving on. Look forward. Move forward. Never look back.
You’re only human.