Coming to terms with who we really are rather than who we perceive others think we are is a journey in itself. This is our life. We deserve to live it. Other people do not get to claim power over our lives, we get to claim power over our lives. Here are 30 things you can do to take back your power and be the you that you were always supposed to be:
1. Unfollow every single social media account that makes you feel insecure or that makes you want to look / be differently.
2. Do not dress yourself based on what is ‘fashionable’, dress yourself based on YOUR taste.
3. Get rid of the thoughts that enable you to feel unworthy. Worthiness is not something we obtain once we reach a certain place or do something in particular, we are worthy as is.
4. Realize that just because you feel rejected or abandoned, doesn’t always mean you actually are.
5. Do not be afraid to take up space; you are allowed to stretch while you wait in line and you are allowed to smile at strangers.
6. If something is weighing you down, let go of it. Whatever it is. Let go of it.
7. Do something that makes YOU excited.
8. Make peace with where you are at and stop longing for where you think you should be.
9. Stop spending hours looking at other people’s social media account(s).
10. Learn how to say no and not feel guilty for it.
11. If you don’t like to do something, stop doing it. Maybe it’s a friendship, a job, or some routine that you’ve acquired over time — just stop.
12. Forgive people, but don’t let them back into your personal space.
13. Find a way to feel good about yourself. Maybe it’s a hairstyle, maybe you leave sticky notes on your mirror complimenting yourself, whatever it is, do it.
14. Take a break from social media if you need to.
15. Surround yourself with people who know the value of you.
16. Feed your body good things; take care of yourself.
17. Terminate any relationship that doesn’t support your growth and your glow.
18. Do not be afraid to cut off or to create boundaries with your family members, especially toxic ones.
19. Spend time alone. Make your solitude a time where you learn, admire, and befriend yourself.
20. Find a way to feel purposeful every single day.
21. Speak of gratitude more than you speak of ‘problems’.
22. Quiet your anxiety and start to talk to new people.
23. Stop taking things so personally.
24. Love others out of the places in you that are whole, not out of the places that need it in return.
25. Trust the timing of your life.
26. Understand that just because other people are beautiful, doesn’t mean that you are any less.
27. Get familiar with your naked body.
28. Listen to music that inspires and uplifts you.
29. Visualize and manifest only good things for your life and your future.
30. Acknowledge your resilience even if you don’t feel strong; your body was made to conquer all.