1. You are worthy of love, belonging, and a relationship with both even if you don’t think that you are right now.
2. Things might not make sense right now but they absolutely will one day.
3. There’s no such thing as the right person at the wrong time. If it’s the right time, it’ll be the right person and if it’s the right person it will always be the right time. Sometimes you can experience this with the same person but at different points in time and with different versions of themselves / yourself.
4. You can’t blame yourself for not knowing then what you know now. The point is that you know now and you are going to grow like hell because of it.
5. Life isn’t happening to you, it’s happening for you— again, even if you don’t understand it quite yet. It’s all for your greater benefit.
6. You’re not supposed to be happy all the time.
7. Rejection is simply the course of redirection.
8. It’s never your fault for any loss you experience no matter how many sentences you put in your head to try and make it click into logic. It’s never your fault.
9. Just because things played out a certain way in your head doesn’t mean that’s how it would have actually played out, be easy on yourself for this reason alone.
10. What’s meant for you will always be for you.
11. Your relationships can only be in as good of a place as you are, tend to yourself.
12. If it’s right, you won’t have to make excuses for it. Like Beyoncé says, nothing real can be threatened.
13. Love is supposed to feel good.
14. Your value isn’t measured by all of the things you are not and all that you can find wrong with yourself.
15. Love cannot be present if respect is missing.
16. No hard time stays hard forever. The situation will change or your feelings about the situation will change. Something will change.
17. You are not weak because you can forgive and because you want things to be good.
18. Nothing goes away until it teaches you what you need to know.
19. Give yourself permission to feel joy creep into your bones and fill your body with peace. Give yourself permission to want what’s good for you.
20. Good things take time, and that includes yourself.
21. Just because it hasn’t happened yet doesn’t mean it won’t. In fact, it means it’s being given the space to unfold exactly how it’s supposed to.
22. Sometimes being alone is the only place you need to be.
23. Love yourself so magnificently that everyone you meet will know exactly how to as well.