1. How many friends you have. There is nothing worse than being surrounded by a group of your ‘friends’ and feeling completely alone. Don’t base friendship on quantity. A quality friendship with one or two people is better than being ‘friends’ with a thousand people you know nothing about.
2. Being the third wheel. Honestly, no one cares if you’re always the third wheel. Suck it up. No one wants to hear you whining about being #foreveralone.
3. Not having a significant other. If you want a boyfriend or a girlfriend, go find one. Stop spending the majority gabbing about how you can’t believe Rebecca has a fiance and you don’t. Get over yourself.
4. How many Instagram likes you get. It doesn’t matter if you get 10 likes or 100. A number should never ever define what you think of yourself. You are beautiful. That’s what matters.
5. Designer clothes and bags. Save your money and buy the fake ones. Seriously. No one will notice!
6. Being perfect. The thing is, nobody is perfect. Not even Beyonce. Let go of the idea that you need to be the perfect person, the perfect girlfriend, the perfect friend. You are going to have to accept that you will make mistakes.
7. Looking hot. Life is about so much more than how you look every single day. Focus on your beauty on the inside. Focus on being kind instead of what foundation perfectly matches your skin tone.
8. Losing those three pounds. Never define your self worth based on a number on a scale. Life is too short to worry about that. So have that second glass. Have that third slice of cake. Live!
9. Having a career by now. Life should never be a marathon. Your career and your success should never be boxes to check off. Be patient with yourself and with your heart.
10. Being the best out of everyone else. There will always be someone cuter than you, someone smarter than you, someone taller than you, and someone who makes more money than you do. That doesn’t mean that you aren’t perfect in all that you are. And that doesn’t make you any less of an amazing human being.
11. Failing. Get over the idea that if you make mistakes or if you fall flat on your face, then your life is over. You are meant to fall and to fail and to fail again. Just like everyone else! It’s never going to be the end of the world.
12. Getting older. Whether you like it or not, we all are getting older day by day. So instead of trying to stop time, try to embrace your laugh lines, and all of the external evidence you are aging. Aging is just a sign you’re living a good life.
13. Feeling bad about spending time alone. You aren’t weird or antisocial for wanting to spend some time by yourself. You don’t have to constantly be surrounded by your loved ones to feel fulfilled. Let yourself just be.
14. Talking about people behind their back. It wasn’t cute before and it isn’t any cuter now. Cut out the gossip out fo your life.
15. How much money you make. Look, you will do many things in your life that are so much more fulfilling and exciting than getting a bonus before everyone else. Stress less about the money. Stress more about your happiness and your experiences.
16. About your exe(s). Seriously, they are out of your life now and they are your ex for a reason. So stop the stalking. Stop the drunk texts. It ended for a legitimate reason. Let them move on. Let yourself move on.
17. About doing what you’re supposed to be doing. There is no set path for anybody. No matter what society says, do what your heart is telling you to do. Quit that job. Backpack across South America. Move to Australia. It’s your life. Not theirs.
18. The ‘chase’. Don’t chase the person you want. Don’t chase the person you love. The truth is, if they love and want you back, you will know. And you won’t have to work so hard.
19. Always worrying about what’s next. I know it’s easier said than done, but worrying about what’s next for your life and what your five year plan is, is a true waste of time. Try to live in the moment. Try to appreciate the now.
20. Getting ahead. Stop comparing yourself to everyone your age. Stop beating yourself up for not being further ahead in life. Because in reality, everyone is comparing themselves to you as well. Life isn’t a competition. It’s a gift.