1. The world does not revolve around you.
2. It’s ok to make mistakes as long as you fess up to them.
3. How many likes you get on your Instagram pictures are not worth your tears.
4. Your parents need you to tell them that you love them more often.
5. Sometimes, your life will get a lot worse before it gets better.
6. You are supposed to fail.
7. Failure doesn’t mean you will amount to nothing.
8. At this time in your life, you’re allowed to be who you want to be. No matter what other people say.
9. You don’t always have to pretend you are ok when you are suffering. Reach out to others that you trust. Talk to people.
10. Friendships aren’t supposed to be so hard to maintain.
11. Your ex isn’t going to come back, and if they do, don’t let them back into your life. (Trust me)
12. You don’t have to lose your virginity so quickly. And if you haven’t lost it yet, it’s not a big deal at all.
13. Over drinking makes you sloppy. Please slow down.
14. You will always love your first love. Always.
15. You’re allowed to say ‘no’ to a second date if you didn’t feel a spark.
16. Holding onto friendships that don’t give you pleasure is a waste of your time.
17. Life is not meant to be a competition.
18. Be selfish.
19. Being real is more important than being kind.
20. Stop wasting your time not doing what you want. Your life could be over tomorrow, so do what you want now.
21. Exercise is actually super important. Take a walk everyday to clear your mind, and to make your body happy too.
22. You should be able to fold your own sheets now and do your own damn laundry. Seriously.
23. For every bad decision you make, comes another great story.
24. Sometimes love is not enough to keep a relationship together. Do not let this make you become bitter.
25. Therapy is a good idea and a good way to get in touch with yourself. You don’t have to be ‘mentally ill’ to get help.
26. You will have lonely nights where you feel so desperately alone. Know you are never, ever alone.
27. Worrying will get you nowhere.
28. You are never too old to ask your mom for help.
29. You will keep getting fucked over by people who you used to trust. Don’t let those people make you a shell of your former self.
30. It’s ok to miss someone who treated you terribly.
31. You are only human. Not superman. Not Hercules. You are just a human being.
32. You are breathing and you are surviving, despite all the pain that you are dealing with. Give yourself more credit for getting up each morning.
33. Everybody hurts. Yes, even Beyonce. And even that girl you stalk everyday on Instagram who makes her life look SO perfect
34. Honestly, no one has any idea what they are doing. Take comfort in the fact that everyone is just as confused as you are.
35. You will have regrets in your life, as will everyone else. All you can do is take life as it comes to you, and take baby steps towards a better life and a better you.
36. Please for the love of god, use protection and get tested.
37. The world isn’t going to hand you things on a silver plater.
38. Gloating and boasting about your life is NOT attractive.
39. Your weight will occasionally fluctuate. Try to not freak out.
40. At the end of the day, your decisions are yours. Make good choices.
41. Having a job as a server or as a waitress does not make you any less smart than someone who is the CEO of a huge company. Everyone has to start somewhere.
42. Great things take time. Have patience.
43. Do not ever ignore your instincts.
44. Fame and fortune is overrated.
45. Keep your friends close, and your family closer.
46. Just because you don’t have a big love right now, doesn’t mean it will never happen to you.
47. You will always be able to heal no matter how hard your heart hurts.
48. You were meant to be on this earth. Yes, you.
49. Screw anyone who tries to tell you that you aren’t worthy of love. (You are).
50. At the end of the day, your twenties are going to be a rollercoaster of ups and downs. Cherish every second of it. It will be over before you know it.