1. You question him but you don’t need to.
It’s not so much him you’re questioning but everyone from your past that has made you feel a sense of insecurity when it comes to relationships.
2. And expect the worst but he surprises you.
As much as you want to go into it with an open mind, you don’t want to get your hopes up.
3. He keeps his word even when you have doubts.
Something as simple as him following through makes you uncomfortably happy.
4. He doesn’t play dating games.
Every text is answered. Every plan happens. Everything you are used to suddenly doesn’t apply here.
5. He shows you how fucked up your past is but doesn’t repeat it.
You think back to people and realize how horrible the relationship might have been and you question why you tolerated anything less than what you’re getting now.
6. He’s patient because you’re guarded.
But even with this new treatment, there are moments you find yourself pulling away.
7. He forgives you because have no reason to apologize.
You’ve been led to believe it’s always something you’ve done wrong. So you’re cautious but this guy teaches you, you don’t need to be.
8. He shows you he won’t hurt you.
It makes you scared letting someone in but more than that what scares you is the fact you’re falling for this guy.
9. That first fight you think will end it but it doesn’t.
Everyone fights but in the past, every fight you’ve had with someone has led to someone leaving and unkind words exchanged.
10. Instead, he fights for you.
But he’s meeting you halfway in every sense of the word. Because he wants you as much as you want him.
11. He’s nice all the time.
Someone being nice all the time shouldn’t be weird. But when you aren’t used to it, it’s tough to simply accept. But then you realize this is how relationships are supposed to be.
12. And honest.
When you are used to someone lying, brutal honesty and someone this real is different.
13. And respects you.
He respects who you are as a person, the things you are interested in and constantly is there to show you he cares.
14. You realize how one person can change your life.
You find yourself talking about him more, smiling more. Just really happier than you’ve ever been and he’s to blame for it.
15. And not everyone will hurt you.
You realize sometimes it takes getting hurt a lot to find someone who teaches you that you didn’t deserve that.
16. Then he sees you at your worst and stays.
Maybe you breakdown. Maybe every wall comes crumbling down. Maybe you’re crying and you don’t even know why. But here he is seeing this side to you that is raw and honest. But he comforts you appreciating that fact you let him in that close. And it’s there he starts to heal you.
17. And loves you for it.
Next thing you know you’re in love with this guy but for the first time, someone is reciprocating everything you feel.
Then he talks about a future healing you of the past.