1.“You must take your place in the Circle of Life.”
You were put on the earth for a reason. You have a role to play in the world. Don’t get lazy and give up on things. There are people that need you in their lives, lessons you must learn and mistakes you must make. Take your place in the natural flow of things.
2. “Everything you see exists together in a delicate balance. As king, you need to understand that balance, and respect all the creatures from the crawling ant to the leaping antelope.
Everyone has a different story, a different past and a different path they are on in life. Every person has a different role they are meant to play to create the balance in the universe. Not everyone can be an artist, doctor, or astronaut. Don’t pass judgment on people and their choices in life. You don’t know where they have been and what they have been through. Understand and respect the balance.
3. “The great Kings of the past look down on us from those stars.”
The people in our lives that have passed away are always with us. They are always looking down on us and watching over us. Don’t ever feel alone. Remember they are always with you.
4. “I laugh in the face of danger!”
Push your limits. Create a mantra of things you wish for. Be it bravery, happiness or love. Put those things out there! You will be amazed at the magic you can create when you leave your comfort zone.
5. “Hakuna matata”
Self explanatory: “It means no worries for the rest of your days. It’s a problem-free philosophy.” Relax! There are some things in life we cannot change; some things are out of our control. It’s times like these you need to remind yourself “Hakuna matata.”
6. “Asante sana, squash banana, we we nugu, mi mi apana!”
Translation: “It means you’re a baboon and I’m not.” Don’t take life so seriously. Embrace your weirdness.
7. “Remember who you are. You are my son, and the one true king.”
Don’t ever forget who you are and where you came from. You have a legacy to carry on. Carry yourself with pride.
8. Pumba: “You know, kid, in times like this my buddy Timon here says, ‘You got to put your behind in your past…’”
Timon: “No. No. No. Amateur. Lie down before you hurt yourself. It’s ‘You gotta put your past behind you.’”
Let go of the things that bring you down. Release your regrets and your failures. You cannot carry the guilt of yesterday with you everywhere. Forgive and forget.
9. “You see, he lives in you.”
You are who you are because of your parents, grandparents, and your family. They raised you to be the person you are today. Don’t ever forget that when that dreadful day comes that you have to say goodbye to them. They will always live within you.
10. “You have forgotten who you are and so have forgotten me. Look inside yourself, Simba. You are more than what you have become.”
Don’t doubt yourself. Shoot for the stars and strive for greatness. Don’t EVER settle for mediocrity. You will spend the rest of your days wondering, “what if?”.
11. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But, you can either run from it or learn from it.”
Take everything in life as a lesson learned. Don’t run away from your problems. Everything that happens, happens for a reason. Sometimes life hurts you, but whatever doesn’t kill you will only make you stronger. Fight back, don’t give up.
12. Simba: “Looks like the winds are changing.”
Rafiki: “Ah, change is good.”
Simba: “Yeah, but it’s not easy. I know what I have to do, but… going back means I have to face my past. I have been running from it for so long.”
Change is good. It leads us to wonderful new people, places and things. You can’t stop change from happening. You have to face it. When one door closes, another one opens. Let the winds change.