1. It’s okay to care about people; in fact it’s a good thing.
2. You’re allowed to want more than just a one night stand.
3. It’s completely and totally normal to feel lonely.
4. But speak up if it feels like the loneliness is getting to you and ask for help.
5. As cliché as it is, love comes around when you aren’t looking for it.
6. There is no shame in demanding what you deserve.
7. There is no right way or wrong way to love someone.
8. Respect is not something you should ever have to ask for from someone who cares about you.
9. You never have to apologize for wanting to be loved; it’s human.
10. Having a broken heart doesn’t make you damaged goods or undateable.
11. If Tinder is exhausting and frustrating, just delete it.
12. There is no such thing as “the cool girl” and you can stop pretending to be her.
13. Because you’re cool as hell just the way you are.
14. If someone only calls you at 2 AM you don’t have to answer the phone.
15. It is perfectly okay to let go of people who do not fit into your life.
16. You don’t have to apologize for being “old fashioned” if it’s who you are.
17. There’s other love out there, other than romantic love, that can make you feel just as full.
18. You should never have to compromise a part of your life to make someone else feel like being a part of it.
19. Sometimes taking a break to find yourself is the healthiest thing you can do.
20. If someone makes you feel shitty about the things that you want in life, the only shitty thing in the equation is them.
21. Wanting to be swept off your feet doesn’t make you unrealistic or gross.
22. No matter what anyone says, everyone loves the feeling of getting butterflies and they’re lying if they say otherwise.
23. It is okay to want a connection deeper than something formed in 140 characters or less.
24. Love is never something that should leave you feeling empty.
25. And if it does, it’s not real love.
26. You are not stupid for believing what someone says even if it turned out to not be true.
27. Looking for the good people is an admirable quality, not one that makes you naïve.
28. If someone feeds you lines to get something from you, that says more about their personality than the fact that you trusted them.
29. Having standards doesn’t make you a bitch, it makes you strong.
30. If something feels wrong, it probably is.
31. You don’t have to pretend to be a Netflix and Chill girl if that isn’t who you are.
32. You do not have to make room in your life for people who do not want to be there unless they get something from you.
33. It’s okay to block numbers from your phone if they only bring you pain when they flash across the screen.
34. But you aren’t stupid for picking up the phone anyway sometimes (because we all have).
35. You will not die alone.
36. You are not a cliché or dumb for asking the “what are we” question.
37. It’s okay to like labels and to find comfort in having them.
38. If someone makes you feel bad for asking for what you want, they are selfish and do not deserve you.
39. It is never weak to love someone.
40. Demanding more for yourself is brave and something that should be admired.
41. There is an ebb and a flow to dating and if you’re feeling frustrated or like you’re in a bad spot, just remember that it will pass.
42. No one should ever be allowed to shame you for saying, “This isn’t who I am.”
43. You are allowed to miss people even if they hurt you.
44. Everyone has said they were done with dating at least once in their life — you’re not alone and you aren’t dramatic.
45. “Being chill” is not synonymous with “loveable”.
46. There is something to be said for actually knowing what you want and waiting for it.
47. “Needy”, “Clingy”, and “Crazy” are excuses that immature people use to make themselves feel better about their own bad behavior, and they do not in any way define you.
48. “No” is a complete sentence.
49. If you aren’t having fun with your life, it’s okay to change it.
50. You are enough.