1. Getting ghosted doesn’t mean anything is wrong with you. At this point, pretty much everyone has been ghosted at one time or another. It’s simply a part of modern dating. So don’t get too down on yourself about losing someone out of the blue. It doesn’t mean you’re unlovable. It doesn’t mean you’re never going to find love again. It happens to the best of us, so don’t start doubting yourself. Don’t assume there’s something wrong with you.
2. Even though it might feel like this person sent you mixed messages, dropping out of your life without warning sends a pretty clear signal. You don’t have to waste much time trying to figure out what them going MIA means because the answer is pretty obvious. They aren’t interested in dating you. They aren’t willing to put in the effort you deserve. They aren’t going to rise to your expectations. Even if they try to walk back into your life in the future, they aren’t worth another second of your time.
3. It doesn’t really matter what sent them running. Even though it sucks to lose someone without knowing what you did wrong, it wouldn’t make much of a difference if they sat you down and told you exactly why they left. What some people see as flaws, other people will see as strengths. The fact of the matter is, they simply weren’t the right person for you. You don’t belong together. At least now you have the opportunity to move on and find someone who makes you happy.
4. There’s no point in chasing them. When someone ghosts you, your first instinct might be to chase after them. You might want to change their mind. You might want to beg for another chance. But, honestly, if someone is unable to see your value at the start of your relationships, they probably aren’t going to come to their senses anytime soon. Besides, it’s not your responsibility to convince them how wonderful you are. If they can’t see what you’re worth, that’s their loss.
5. Not every connection is going to escalate into something more. Sometimes, relationships are going to fizzle before they become official. Some people are only temporary. They aren’t meant to be around for long. They’re meant to leave so you can fill their spot with someone who fits you better, someone who brings you even more excitement and joy. While you might be sad they’re gone now, you’ll be relieved about it later.
6. The relationship was never going to work. If you’re not a good match, you’re not a good match. You might be disappointed you didn’t get a chance to reach certain milestones with this person, but it’s probably better they left your life sooner rather than later. Otherwise, you would’ve grown even more attached to them. Losing them would’ve been even harder than it already is.
7. The right person would never dream of walking away from you. Once you stumble across your forever person, you won’t be in danger of losing them. They won’t be going anywhere. They will stand by your side. Always.