1. They clean up the table to make it as easy as possible for a waiter/waitress.
2. They’re not jealous when you succeed and they don’t treat you as a second-class citizen when you fail.
3. They remember a tiny detail about your life or something you like and bring it up in convo much later on.
4. They say good things about people behind their backs.
5. They help you with stuff without prompting/asking for help.
6. They can apologize to another, and accept forgiveness when someone offers that.
7. They show up on time at least 99.5% of the time.
8. When something terrible has happened to you but that person still sticks to you and encourages you.
9. When in a group of people walking, they make sure nobody gets left behind by spacing themselves between the leaders and the stragglers and keeping an eye on both.
10. They drop you off and then wait until they see you go inside safely.
11. They are not trying to gain anything from having a relationship with you.
12. They always get food last at communal meals. Making sure everyone else got enough food is a sign they’ve really conquered their inner caveman.
13. When someone noticed you were going to talk in a group but get cut off then later they say, “You were about to say something, right?”
14. They can admit when they are wrong about something without getting angry or defensive.
15. They take time to hold the door for strangers when entering a building a short ways ahead of someone.
16. They let someone with only a few items go in front of them in a checkout lane if they have a full cart.
17. They always return the cart to the cart corrals.
18. They don’t ruin your jokes.
19. They don’t steal money they find.
20. Even if they don’t quite understand or relate to a topic you brought up, they ask follow up questions. Bonus points if they don’t seem particularly interested in the topic, but they still remain invested in the conversation since you’re excited to talk about it.
21. They keep the trash with them until they find a dustbin.
22. If they decide they don’t want to buy something, they put it back where they found it instead of just leaving on a shelf somewhere else.
23. If they are working on something and drop small trash (bits of paper, tape) they pick it up and throw it away.
24. In social settings, they notice when someone is kinda left out and they find a way to include that person in the conversation or whatever fun is being had.
25. If they see someone looking confused in a public space, asking if they need directions.
26. They pick up nails, screws, or sharp objects they come across from the parking lot or road so people don’t get flat tires.
27. When conflict arises, they seek peace by being introspective. In addition, they seek to resolve the dispute directly with that person as opposed to gossiping or triangulating.
28. When a person can create a positive environment.
29. They wait for you when you bend down to tie your shoes.
30. They look engaged when you speak to them, and are patient if you’re struggling to explain something. I’m so used to feeling like I have to “sell” my conversation points to hold anyone’s attention that someone actually asking me to expand more on my thoughts really takes me off guard.
31. They always remember to pay you back without having to be reminded, if you loaned them money.
32. They ask you to text them when you get home safe. Then if you forget to text them, they text you to say, “Just checking to make sure you made it home alright.”
33. They do nice things without telling others or even taking credit.