1. Your relationship status doesn’t reflect on who you are as a person. You shouldn’t feel like you are lesser simply because you’ve never been in a serious relationship. It doesn’t mean you’re unlovable. It doesn’t mean you don’t have a million beautiful things to offer a partner. All it means is that you’ve never found the right match. It’s as simple as that, so please don’t trick yourself into believing that there is something wrong with you. If you want love, you will find love. It might not arrive tomorrow, but it will come in time.
2. You aren’t missing out on as much as you think. You might feel like you’re missing out on so much because your friends have gone through countless experiences that you have never experienced firsthand. However, the timing of those milestones doesn’t matter. You have to stop worrying about whether your first kiss and date and relationship is in your teens or twenties or thirties. As long as you find a person who makes you happy, does it really matter when you meet? The single life isn’t half bad, so don’t assume you should be miserable until you come across your person. You should be thriving now. You don’t need a partner to be happy.
3. The people who turned you down in the past weren’t good enough for you, anyway. In a way, maybe it’s a good thing you’ve never been in a serious relationship before. After all, you deserve better than the people in the past who broke your heart. You deserve someone who cherishes you, someone who is crazy about you. It’s better to stay single until you find someone who respects you than to jump into the wrong relationship with someone who is going to make you miserable. You’ll be much happier once you realize married isn’t synonymous with happy and single isn’t synonymous with miserable.
4. The more time you spend on your own, the better you’ll understand how to take care of yourself. You’ve spent plenty of time on your own, so you know how to make your own money and do your own chores. You are strong and self-sufficient. This is important, because you don’t want to rely on another person to do everything for you. You don’t want to pass all of your responsibilities onto them and lose every ounce of your independence. Because you’ve been on your own for so long, whenever you enter a relationship, you won’t lose yourself in the process.
5. The length of your past relationships has nothing to do with your worth. You shouldn’t be too worried about your partners getting bored of you. You shouldn’t be too worried about them moving onto the next person after being with you for a short time. If that has happened in the past, it was because that person wasn’t right for you. When you find the right one, you won’t have to worry about being left behind. Your love won’t be temporary. It will be permanent. Everlasting.