1. The husband had an unsolicited outburst at a family dinner: “I KNOW YOU GUYS KNOW I DO METH! AND YOU NEED TO BACK OFF ABOUT IT!” Wife didn’t know. Her dad didn’t know. Nobody knew.
2. Next door neighbor got married. Less than 2 months later she moved out, said he was abusive and a drunk. A couple of weeks later he shot and killed their neighbor through the front door after an escalating feud involving the neighbor’s dog getting shot with a bow and arrow.
3. I went to a wedding where the bride got drunk and the groom picked up her phone and saw that she was sexting a coworker during the entire wedding… He told the officiant to not file the paperwork. Great reception though.
4. I know two couples who got married for the sole purpose of having sex together. Both marriages lasted a year combined.
5. A relative of mine was forced into a shotgun wedding. The bride had a miscarriage, so they got divorced a month later.
6. I work as a clerk at a Family Courthouse. Bride fucked the DJ. At the reception. New record for the office pool.
7. I have a friend who proposed to his girlfriend like a week after he caught her cheating on him. He thought it would bring them closer and fix their relationship. Needless to say, he drove by his house on lunch a few months later and saw her coworker’s truck in the driveway. She’s getting dicked down in his house and he just drives right by. They are currently getting divorced after barely a year of marriage.
8. Three weeks. City girl moved to the country and hated it. She moved back to the city and hasn’t left it.
9. Had a bit of a tip off when we didn’t see the bride at the reception. She was next door in the carriage house restroom sobbing. She had just found out, on her wedding day, that her groom had once been engaged to one of her bridesmaids. The groom was NOT cheating on her, but just never got around to telling her that he and one of their “mutual friends” had once been an item. The groom spent the reception at the bar, the restaurant staff served the meal but there was no cake cutting, bridal dance etc…
10. One of my friends from college filed for divorce ten months after her wedding. They were never really a good match and everyone could see it. Honestly? I think she just wanted to have a wedding and be a “princess for a day.” Once she realized she actually had to keep the guy, she started having second thoughts.
11. My cousin was married and then three months later he had a brain aneurism and survived. His new wife divorced him soon after saying she wasn’t prepared for that. He’s now married to someone much nicer and twenty times more attractive.
12. Relative of mine got married and divorced 6 months later. Turns out they had never seriously discussed whether or not they wanted children prior to getting married. One adamantly wanted children and the other didn’t and it drove them apart. They were together for 3 or 4 years before getting married and somehow never figured this out.
13. My uncle had married someone 3 months after dating them. He had 2 dachshunds and 2 cats. She demanded that he got rid of the dogs and got two new ones of her choice. They divorced in two weeks
14. About thirty minutes.
Bride told the groom in the run-up to the wedding, “Do NOT smash the cake in my face. Do NOT.”
His buddies all got on him about being a pussy and showing her “Who’s really in charge of this marriage…”
I was at the wedding, he smashed the cake in her face, she walked out of the reception and had it annulled.
15. When I was in the Army I knew a soldier who fucked the stripper at his bachelor party in front of his friends, got married the next days, the wife found out later that night and they were divorced within a month.
16. 4 days. Friends of mine had been together for 15yrs. They seemed to have a normal healthy relationship, including ups and downs, but nothing to indicate they were close to breaking up. As many of you will know, a long term relationship can replace initial lust and excitement with mundane day to day survival and petrol station flowers for Valentine’s (maybe not) and I suspect they felt getting married would be a jump start for their aged relationship.
We went to the wedding on Friday, everyone was really happy, then early the next week they annulled it and broke up. They were very matter of fact about it and neither party were devastated — to be fair, I think everyone else was more hurt.
17. My cousin’s wedding, her ex-husband pulled a Ross and said the wrong name during his vows. They did get married, but divorced less than a week later after she found out he was cheating on her.
18. Friend got so fucked up at his wedding he stood up on the bed in the middle of the night and peed on his new wife.
Separated weeks later, no idea how look it took to get out of the marriage.
19. One of my family members actually. Didn’t even last 6 months.
In my perspective they were doomed from the start, the wife is very needy and high maintenance while the husband is very cold and unemotional.
After the wife got some more attention from other guy’s after losing some weight she realized that some men are willing to make an effort for her needy high maintenance self, so… she jumped ship.
There was a plethora of other issues within that marriage and I believe both sides will be better off split, but still the length of a Hollywood weeding ain’t always good.
20. I think it was about 3 weeks? They only knew each other for a couple months and it was a disaster from the get go, but the final straw was when she went out without telling him and won a contest at a bar. It was a “who can get the most beads from guys” type thing and she won by showing everyone in the bar her boobs. She came home at like 1am, told him about it, and he divorced her.
21. My husband’s aunt’s marriage lasted about a year and a half.
I’m honestly surprised it lasted that long — she cheated on him multiple times before they were even married, including with her first cousin. Her family told him about it and her dad actually took him aside the day before the wedding and told him not to go through with it, but he did anyway.
And crazily enough, she’s the one who left him. I figure he likes the idea of a trophy wife, because she’s about 20 years his junior. Poor guy is still hung up on her.
22. The bride had been fucking the best man and the groom found out the day after the wedding. She ended up getting pregnant by the best man and they got married a few months after the whole ordeal…
23. 6 months. 3 months from dating to engaged, 3 months from married (sealed in the temple) to divorced.
What caused it? She found soft core porn on his iPad and said that was as good as cheating.
….they were Mormons.
24. Divorced my husband after two months. My younger brother (now 8 y/o) was taken by Children’s Aid and my ex-husband wouldn’t let the kid come live with us. I was taken by them as a child and relived the trauma when he was apprehended and ex didn’t care. Huge red flag.
Younger brother now lives with me and my current boyfriend after being taken by CAS a second time
25. My male cousin couldn’t land a full-time teaching job out of college so he had to substitute for a while. Ends up while college girls didn’t give him a second look, those cougars teaching second grade thought he was hot stuff.
Anyways, he wet his beak one too many times and when his wife found out about all his trysts, that was the end of the marriage.
26. Cousin got married and divorced within three weeks. He was the side guy and she ended up deciding the marriage to get back at her cop boyfriend was a mistake. They’d been dating for a few years before getting married.
27. I filed for divorce 6 months after I got married. We had been together for 2 years before we even tied the knot.
He decided since we were married and lived together that date-nights were no longer necessary since he saw me every day. So he would spend all weekend, every weekend, with his friends.
I was also ill when we first got together, and underweight because of it. I put on a little weight and was healthy- he told me he wasn’t as attracted now that I had gained weight. I was 145lbs at 5’7”. -_-
I noped the fuck out of there. I try to think back and remember any red flags, but he truly turned into a different person after I was legally bound to him.
28. I knew a couple who had been on-again-off-again for years. They broke up several times during their engagement, yet still went forward with the wedding. Once they said their I dos, she suddenly seemed to think that she should be completely in control of his life, and started making demands about which friends he was allowed to spend time with, and accused him of cheating if he spoke to one particular friend.
They filed for divorce about two months after the wedding, and she moved in with a boyfriend she had been seeing on the side for a few months.
29. Me and my ex wife. 7 months of total time married before the divorce papers were signed by the judge.
Turned out she had been cheating on me the whole engagement and the year and a half of our relationship before that. I just happened to luck into finding out because she said she was staying the night with her sister but her sister called me to talk to her. Turns out she was staying the night at a boy toy’s.
30. Best man at my wedding was driving to his honeymoon with his new bride when she told him, “I don’t think I want kids.” This was after being together for years and claiming that she did want kids. Then as they pulled into a gas station she told him, “I don’t think I want to be married.”
He almost left her at the gas station.
After they got back from their honeymoon, she would stay out until 4 AM just about every night. No calls or texts, just wasn’t coming home until very late.
They were divorced within six months of the wedding.
My wedding was not too long after his divorce was finalized. I told him very clearly that he was allowed to give a rambling Mosby-esque speech about how love was fucked. He gave a very nice, funny speech instead.
31. A month. A close family friend got married in August. They had been dating for four years and engaged for a year and a half. She found out in September that he was active on dating apps and she found out because he had tried to hit up her coworker (who of course immediately told her) on an app. I was even in the wedding and had no idea he was up to anything.
32. My friend married a dude after knowing him for three months and started to divorce him 3 months later.
She had baby rabies and married a guy who had kids because she thought that meant he would want more. He was okay with more kids, but he was a bit of a deadbeat. He didn’t want to see his kids and never tried to make time for them and fought against paying support for them because he was supposed to have shared custody… but never took the kids. My friend realized this was not a person to have a baby with and left him. She found a great guy almost immediately and they’ve been together for over a year, she’s not rushing now.
33. Got married immediately after graduating college. She had a job and he refused to even try to find one and just sat around at home all day playing video games and surfing the internet. Divorced within 6 months.
34. College friend got married to a girl he had dated for about a year and a half. They got divorced 90 days later, she was cheating the entire time they were dating and married.
35. My boyfriend of on and off for 6 years started cheating on me with this girl in Texas (we lived in California). We broke up due to the cheating, a month or so later the girl moved in with him.
They got married on my birthday.
Divorced 2 months later because they were both abusive to eachother and she was cheating on him with his best friend.
Sometimes Karma is just so real.
36. My friend cheated on his wife AT THEIR WEDDING. She found out about half an hour after doing the paperwork and separation was immediate.
37. Good friend of mine got married. On their honeymoon husband tells her he needs space and isn’t sure what he wants. Then he tells her he’s leaving her for her best friend, who he’s having an affair with. My friend is now blissfully happy and thriving and he’s still a piece of garbage.
38. Worked at a wedding venue and the bride told the groom who was from Arkansas that there was to be no call of the hogs during the wedding speech.
Groomsman proceeds to do it anyway, and the bride was furious and went into the back with the bridal party. Dude slapped her and said this shit is getting annulled tomorrow. Honestly she might have not dodged the slap, but she dodged a bullet.
39. My little sister got married to “the love of her life” at 17. 2 months later she ran away and filed for divorce bc her 22 year old husband became an abusive drunk as soon as their marriage license was signed.
40. He started using meth again after years of recovery. They were married for less than a year. Kinda sad really. He’s in rehab now.
41. How about the bride that pushed her new husband off a cliff on day 8?
When people noticed he wasn’t around she notified the police. Then when they started searching for him and asking questions she sent an anonymous email from joe the plumber (from her parents computer) saying he is dead. Then when they still didn’t stop investigating she led a search and rescue party directly to his body. She said God led her to the spot. At the funeral she seemed relieved and guests heard her say she was glad that the police didn’t have to be involved anymore. Eventually she made up a story about it being an accident. Finally she confesses to everything.
They hadn’t even consummated the marriage.
42. Couple marries because she is pregnant, wants the baby in wedlock. Divorce (annulled I think, actually) when baby was born the wrong color 3 months later.
43. They got married in the October, she left him just after Christmas the same year. She was bored.
I don’t know what he expected really, she’d cheated on him when they were engaged too and he’d forgiven her.
44. My wife’s family’s neighbor’s daughter got married and threw a huge wedding day bash like spent 50-70 grand. Then not even 2 weeks later got divorced. She had been cheating on her husband throughout the engagement but still wanted her ‘special day’. I heard later on that she had asked her mom if she had to live with her husband after they got married.
45. A relative of mine had a marriage last less than 3 weeks. They had been together for a couple years and even went to premarital counseling at their church for a few months to get ready. Their wedding was super lavish and it was clear a lot of prep and money went into it. At their wedding they announced they were expecting their first child. Everything seemed great. Unfortunately the whole thing blew up when the wife discovered he had been cheating on her for almost their entire relationship with multiple women. She found this out while in a foreign country on their honeymoon, 4 months pregnant. I know from her mom that she had complications in her pregnancy that they attribute to the stress of all of this.
46. My friend married this woman after years of dating. They were together about 6 months, then on their first Christmas, he got her a present and she got him nothing. Later that night she left their house and didn’t come back until the next morning.
Apparently she had made an account on some dating site on Christmas, met a guy, and slept with him that night. She came clean the next day, but that was the end of their 6 month marriage.
47. Years and years ago, my uncle’s girlfriend planned a wedding and invited everyone and didn’t tell him until the week of. I don’t know the whole story about why she did it but he went through with it and quietly got it anulled and broke up with her.
48. My cousin and her first husband got divorced after about a month because one of them lived in Houston and the other in Dallas and they never really agreed how they were going to deal with that.
I’m sure there were other things too, but that was the official story.
49. Not sure how long it took the divorce to actually happen, but I went to a wedding where the bride didn’t go home with the groom afterwards. There wasn’t any cheating, she just decided she didn’t want to be a military wife. They were together before he enlisted, so I think part of it was that she wasn’t ready to move away from her family. It just sucked that she waited until that day to tell anyone.
50. Some friends, who had been dating for a few months, got married in Las Vegas as sort of a drunken joke. The girl found out she would lose a lot of her trust fund because of being married. A gaggle of 4 lawyers were flown in and got a very quick retroactive annulment. Marriage lasted 4 days, except legally it was declared to have never existed at all. They dated for 3 more years then broke up.