1. Sister always got a weird vibe from her friend’s dad and family when they were in high school.
Couple of years after she left school everyone found out that he was a serial killer and that the whole family had known the entire time and helped him cover up some of the things he had done.
2. I’m not very good with horror movies because I stay scared for hours after they end. A friend in college loved them. She convinced me to go see the first Paranormal Activity. Of course, after the movie we left and I was very jumpy.
That night, both my childhood home and my place of work (in another state) caught fire.
My name is Katie.
In the movie, the main character Katie has her childhood home burned down by a demon.
3. My grandma was the person who transcribed court proceedings. One day when she was dropping my five-year-old mom off at the bus stop, she got an uneasy feeling about just leaving her there, and decided to wait with her until she was safely on the bus.
Well, a few weeks later she was in court and a man is confessing to kidnappings. And he admits that he was planning on taking another child, but the child’s mom was waiting with her that day.
And then he describes my mother, right down to her lunchbox.
4. I went to go eat at a restaurant with my toddler, but something said not to eat there. Decided to just go home and make a meal. The restaurant was on the news later because it caught on fire.
5. I once went to an event with an ex, and I was in a bit of a crappy mood all day for various reasons, but the whole time, I felt like something really bad had happened to someone close or that a generally bad thing happened. The next day, I learnt that just a few hours before I went to the event, a classmate of mine washed up on the beach.
6. My dad did something like this while driving. Car load of family, zipping along as he was prone to doing. Then, just before a blind corner, slowed right down for no apparent reason. Like, slowed a lot more than necessary. A second or two later another car comes around the corner on our side of the road.
Would have been a head-on had dad not felt the uncanny urge to ease up.
7. A few years back I was coming home from uni and decided to go to the store for some food. While walking towards the store I got the feeling that I shouldn’t go there and there’s probably some food at home, so I turned around and walked home. The store is about 3min from my house and about two hours later the roof of the store collapsed and 54 people died.
8. As I climbed out onto a cliff to get a picture of a cave in the middle of a waterfall, something felt weird. I then began sliding down the cliff. I barely caught myself on a fracture in the rock, and eventually got my feet back on solid ground.
The next day, my sister had the news on and they found a dead guy under that cliff. He’d been missing for a few days.
9. I was walking back to my dorm from class and had a gut feeling that I needed to see my friend right away. I walked into his dorm room and found him on the floor seizing. He is fine now but it was still weird that I just knew something was wrong before I had seen him at all that day
10. In 2014, when that year’s X-Men movie came out, I went to go see it with my best friend. 2/3rd’s of the way through, I felt the most off I’ve ever felt… sick, chills, feverish, gut drop, time warped, everything. I peeked at my phone & I had dozens of texts, missed calls, & voicemails.
My dad had passed away.
11.When I was 8 and heading out for school my dad stopped me, gave me a hug and told that he loved me. Not something he’d usually do like that. I had a weird feeling the whole day, and I remember drawing a picture for him. When I got home police were everywhere and my mom and some neighbors found me and told that he had killed himself. I later found out that it was because he had been diagnosed with ALS. The picture I drew that day was buried with him.
12. Decided to take a different route to school one day. On that very same day, a guy drove through Times Square around the same time I would’ve been on that exact street. Killed a girl and injured a few others, I think
13. I was with a large group of friends including my brother, and we were playing man hunt outside at night. For those who don’t know, man hunt is just like hide and seek but it’s outside and is a little more complicated.
My brother and his friend decide to go into a snowmobile trailer to hide, and i told them I’ll hide under the trailer. Little did i know, the trailer was balancing on two wheels. As i was under the trailer, i suddenly got the worst feeling that i needed to get out of there. I can’t even describe the feeling but i got out quick. Seconds after i got up, they made the trailer unbalanced by getting inside and it crashed exactly where i just was. There’s no doubt it would’ve killed me in seconds. I stood there in complete shock i couldn’t believe i was so close to death.
14. I asked my dad to drive me to a friends house for a gathering, he refused. It was kinda weird he refused, and I normally would have kicked up a bit of a fuss since it’s a long and awkward train journey. But I calmly accepted that he wouldn’t be driving me, and I went and got the train.
There was an air show happening that day. An aeroplane engine failed mid performance and crashed onto the motorway. A lot of people were killed. People going to the same gathering as me were killed. I would have been on that same strip of road at the same time it happened.
I’m so thankful my dad didn’t drive me that day.
15. My wife and I were renting for a few years when we decided to take the steps to buy our own house. We had enough for a deposit and had a mortgage quote arranged. We went to look at a number of houses and found one that we really liked so decided to put our offer in. We were told that this was most likely going to be accepted but they were going to wait a couple of days before deciding.
That evening I sat in bed reading when I had a horrible feeling that something wasn’t right. The next day I told my wife that I wasn’t sure about it and convinced her that we needed to retract our offer, so we did.
The next 2 weeks were a nightmare. Within 2 days of pulling out of this offer my wife was made redundant (totally by surprise) and she hadn’t been working at the company long enough to get much of a payout. A week later our car broke down and was beyond repair (barring spending more than the car was worth). We really struggled for the next year or so and would never have been able to pay off a mortgage.
We are in a much better place now but we know that if I hadn’t had that moment we would have been screwed.
16. Back in the late 90s, my friends and I had dropped some LSD and went to get slushies from the local corner store.
We were attempting to decide what kind to get when these three dudes came in. I was never a paranoid person on LSD, but these dudes just got the hair on my neck raised.
Turned out, while we were getting our drinks, they proceeded to rob the place.
Fun time trying to explain to the police why we weren’t reliable witnesses.
17. I’ve said this before on here but I was walking across London Bridge with some colleagues and I made us cross and walk on the barricaded side because the side we were walking on was too open and easy for somebody to drive their car on the pavement. They laughed and called me paranoid / weird whatever.
Next day the London Bridge attacks happened and started with the terrorists driving their car on that pavement we’d been walking on and killing a few people on it.
18. Dispatched to a domestic disturbance one night. I spoke one party and my partner spoke with the other.
It originally seemed like a pretty tame disturbance with no violence. I was talking to the male part and he seemed pretty calm and apologized that we had to be called out there. However I noticed that he keep orienting himself so that he was near this chair that was in the living room. He would lean against the side of it and kept trying to move so that his right hand was out of my view and up against the chair.
All my spider senses were going off so I grabbed him and moved him away from the chair then I flipped the cushion up. There was a pistol under the seat cushion. About that time my warrant check on him came back and he had multiple felony warrants.
On the way to the jail he admitted that he knew we would find out about the warrants so he intended to try to kill me and my partner and run. He was just waiting for my attention to focus on something else and he was going to go for the gun.
19. Met a co-workers boyfriend, something seemed off. He was nice enough. Found out he had been in trouble with the law before but was out of prison and doing great according to my coworker.
Time passes, leave the job and get a call ~6 months later, he murdered her and her 16 year old daughter. Super sad.
20. This happened years ago, when I was a child, but there was an elevator that would only stop at the first and sixth floor. The door made weird squeaky sounds every time it opened up. I feared the thing because of the sounds and I wouldn’t go inside of it, so we took the escalator even though my mom insisted the elevator was fine.
One week after, when the elevator just passed the fourth floor, it raced all the way down and crashed on the first floor and the passengers, who were two little girls, died instantly.
21. I was a cashier and guy always went through my check out. He was nice, but I got bad vibes from him. Couldn’t explain, it was dark vibes. This went on for a few years and felt the same way. He was on the news for molesting his step-daughter.
22 One night while I was home alone I was feeling oddly anxious for a few hours, like every sound I heard seemed suspicious. Later while I was trying to sleep I look out my window and see someone just… standing on the sidewalk in front of our house. It’s likely that he was there for a while.
Just after I notice him he comes up to the door and starts knocking, which freaks out my dog and makes him start barking, which he normally doesn’t do when people come to the door. So in a panic I start heading out of the back of the house while calling my parents. At first they don’t really believe it’s an issue but I insist that it’s not normal. They rush home and my Dad confirms my suspicions that it was my sister’s abusive ex-husband. So my Dad takes care of things and sends him on his way. He has been harassing us for quite some time, but now he’s homeless so trying to get a restraining order has been a struggle.
He likely wasn’t planning anything violent, but it was definitely the first time I’ve sensed something being wrong, and it really freaked me out just how much I felt it that night.
23. Got in my mom’s car after school and felt very scared of her, nothing was said but the hairs on the back of my neck were straight as an arrow. Got home, went to my room, and she tackled me from behind. Worst beating of my life.
24. I was at a mall with my friends (we were in high school) and a middle aged man asked us where a store is and we pointed in the direction and told him. He just walked away in a completely different direction and I thought it was really weird. My friends and I ended up at the food court and saw the same guy sitting near us. We moved, and he got up and moved near us again. This went on for a half hour with him walking past us or around us before we left quickly and drove away, thinking we were gonna get abducted.
25. So my mom and I were on vacation and we were walking back to the bed and breakfast we were staying at. The building had several apartments and had a key to get into the building. As we were approaching the building there was a guy next to a motorcycle just standing there and I felt something was just not right. We kept walking and went up to the door to unlock it. He came behind us and started to push the door in to follow us. My mom just grabbed me and ran out. Turns out we both felt weird about him being there. Probably was just looking to rob us but now I always listen to my gut.
26. My husband and I were on the highway (husband driving) with our two toddlers (at the time). We were in the center lane and almost directly next to us, in the right lane, was a black Jeep. We both had to be doing at least 70 mph. Suddenly something came over me and I told my husband to speed up as much as possible and get in the left lane. Just to GO! I was overcome with this suddenly urgent feeling that we were in danger. And sure enough as soon as he changed lanes, the black Jeep just came to a full stop on the highway and the orange pick up truck behind him smashed into him so hard, he fishtailed right into the lane we were previously occupying seconds before, large chunks of both car just flying everywhere. If my husband didn’t speed up at that moment, we would have been hit for sure. To this day he asks me how I knew. I have no idea, I just did.
27. Came home very late one night. My parents and sister were already asleep. House felt funny. Dogs were barking in a strange way.Looked around and noticed that my stepmother’s car was not in the driveway but her purse was in the kitchen. My dad’s wallet was not on it’s usual place. Caught someone creeping around in the back yard, the commotion woke everyone up. Creeper was one of my sister’s friends. Turns out, her friends decided to break in due to the fact that my parents never lock the doors and the dogs all knew them, steal my dad’s cash and credit cards and take my stepmother’s car for a joyride. Since she drove a Toyota Corolla, I have no idea why.
We found the car in the next subdivision. Why creeper-boy was not with his buddies? He was figured he could double back and spend some “quality time” with my sister, and my timing was just about perfect. He ended up rolling on his buddies and getting a reduced sentence. His parents were pissed at me more for injuring their little boy than they were at him for breaking into people’s houses and stealing cars.
28. Got home from work and was parked at my gate which was broken at the time. Saw 3 guys walking down the road and had an odd feeling but brushed it off and was waiting for them to go pay my car so I could open up the gate (I didn’t want my dogs running out and causing a scene with the guys)
They were on the opposite side of the road from me and when they had finally got to the point my car was parked I hopped out to unlock the padlock on the gate. As I put the key in I saw one of the guys running across the road. My mind immediately jumped to the conclusion that he was coming to ask for money (South Africa, it’s quite common to have beggars) until I saw he had a knife in his hand. They ended up hijacking me, took my wallet, phone and brand new gaming laptop. I took all my bank cards and licenses out my wallet before giving it to them and the car was recovered by my dad about 30 minutes later so it wasn’t all bad I guess
29. My dad was six. Dad heard a clap of thunder and immediately told the babysitter to call someone because “my dad’s been struck by lightning”
My grandfather had in fact been struck directly by lightning while play golf with my grandmother. The electricity entered his shoulder and out his ankle. My grandmother resuscitated my grandfather and he lived to be over 90.
30. I was surveying solo checking points in this expansive swamp. I pulled up my truck to this long earthen berm that I could either drive or walk. The weather was beautiful, I wasn’t in a rush, so I started gathering my gear to walk it. Then, something spoke up in my head (warning bells or laziness?) that I should drive instead. Half a mile down that skinny berm I drive past a family of GATORS sunning themselves on the sides. Walking, I wouldn’t have seen them until it was too late for me to decide if I was on the menu, or a threat to the little babies.
I think of this instance whenever I feel like shrugging off that voice.
31. My buddy used to stupidly sell various narcotics to just about anybody he met. I was with him once and he was giving me a ride, but he asked if we could make a detour for him to make a quick sell. I said sure, so we went to meet some random guy in the middle of a casino parking lot. We set there for an hour waiting for the guy to show up. I was getting impatient and at the same time starting to get an uneasy feeling. Then the guy shows up, and the feeling got even worse. The guy was obviously an undercover cop, and I could tell off the bat. Right when I was about to tell my friend we needed to get out of there, the undercover drops the act and pulls out his gun, along with a swat team that surrounded us. I was 18 years old at the time and they were making jokes about straight outta high school to the pen. Luckily, I was released when they realized I was just along for the ride and was not a drug dealer myself. My buddy though, never heard from him again. I’m assuming he did some time.
32. I was driving home late one evening, and I had the strongest feeling that something was wrong. At the time, this meant that I took the long way home because I thought my subconscious knew there’d be some speed traps on the turnpike.
Next morning, it turns out a drunk driver caused a huge multi-car accident in the exact stretch of road I would’ve been driving on. Driver and 2 others were killed, and another 5+ people were injured. I’m not a superstitious person by any stretch, but this is always something that’s made me wonder.
33. One and a half years ago, my dad was in the hospital for a seemingly easy heart operation that he should’ve done and got out of the hospital in a short time. My Nonna at the time had just sewed me an outfit that was black. And I had a feeling that my dad was going to pass away and that I will be wearing that outfit to his funeral. 3 days later I did wear it to his funeral.
34. When I was in 6th grade, I got a weird tingly feeling in my molars and felt like something was just off about my day. The feeling was really strong around recess time for the younger elementary students (1st thru 3rd had recess about 15 minutes before the 4th thru 6th students). My brother was in 2nd grade at the time and I remember looking at the clock and just thinking I felt really off.
School day ends and I get picked up by my dad, not my mom, which was unusual. We head to the hospital where my brother had been hospitalized with a pretty nasty double break in his left arm. I asked what happened and was told that he broke his arm at recess that morning and had been brought in for surgery to straighten the break or something to that effect.
Years later I got the same feeling, and for some reason thought of my father. Thankfully he was only in a fender bender that day.
35. The highway that I take home from work had just been repaved and none of the lines were painted on yet, except for the lines in between each lane – there were no lines painted for the shoulders yet, but plenty of space to pull over to the shoulder part of the highway without impeding traffic.
On one particular day, there was a city truck parked in the “shoulder.” I got over to the left lane to give them plenty of space, but knew that the guy on the driver’s side opened his door way too wide for being next to 70+mph traffic and was walking way too close to that traffic. I immediately thought that that wouldn’t end well.
I get home, and as I’m watching the news an hour later, there was a crash on that highway, at that spot I passed, involving the driver of the city truck. Someone hit him. He was dead on the scene.
They (I’m assuming his coworkers, friends, and family) put up a memorial of him at the exact spot that I passed him. To this day, I still get over to the left lane when I’m “passing” him.
The lines for the shoulders were painted on the next day.
36. I came down to my kitchen to find my moms cup of tea sitting on the counter, full and ice cold. She was sitting at the bottom of the steps down to her room and she didn’t look good. She told me she just got dizzy and needed to sit down. The more I pestered her, the more she told me not to worry; she just needed to lie down for a bit. When I checked on her a couple of hours later, she’d died in her sleep. I know something happened when she was making her tea. I just don’t know what. But seeing it sitting there gave me a panicky feeling. I wish I’d ignored her when she said “I’m fine. I’m fine. Just let me lay down for a little bit.”
37. Weird answer, I know, but one day many years ago I was boiling the kettle to make tea and suddenly thought “What would I do if my kettle broke? I don’t have a spare…” – thing is, I was instantly freaked out because it felt like it wasn’t my thought. That’s all I know how to describe it, such an anodyne thing to think but it was like an external thought had been placed in my head from somewhere else. It made me really uncomfortable, such a strange sensation. Several hours later when I was making tea again, as the kettle was boiling a blue spark suddenly flew out the base and it died. I had to buy a new one the next day.
38. I came home to my mom supposedly out for a walk and my little brother seeming worried she hadn’t come back yet.
I noticed her keys were hanging up. I had a sinking feeling something wasn’t right. Why not take your keys?
Anyway long story short. She hasn’t gone for a walk. She has locked her self in a back room in our guesthouse thing that you can only lock/unlock from the inside and had taken a whole heaps of pills to kill her self
She survived. This was over 15 years ago. Still haunts us. She was dressed in her wedding dress (my parents had just divorced it wasn’t nice).
39. I’ve never told anyone this. When I was very little, I used to go visit my Great Gran each week. One day, as we said goodbye, I kissed Great Gran on the cheek and a thought came through my mind that this was probably the last kiss I’ll give her. I shook it off but then she passed away of course before our next visit. I haven’t thought about it too hard for years but reading everyone else’s stories just brought it back. I don’t know what to do, say or think about it. It’s really never happened again.
40. I work as an ER nurse and I took handover on a patient who had a little dizziness, a little nausea and a swollen abdomen. She was fairly bright, able to talk, nothing seemed too horrific. But she was turning a grim grey colour and breathing quickly.
Our average wait time today was two hours. I could have put her back in the queue and moved on. But I had a little dark feeling that there was something sinister happening here. So I called our most senior doctor out of a consultation and asked him to see her. Right fucking now.
Ever heard of your abdominal aorta? Enormous blood vessel that can pouch out, suddenly rupture, and make you bleed internally to death in minutes? It’s called a burst AAA (abdominal aortic aneurysm). You’ve heard of it now. That’s what she had.
I’ve never seen one before. But now I have. Within five minutes she was barely responding. Within ten her blood pressure had dropped to a barely sustainable level. Within twenty minutes I was pouring blood into her and eight people were around the bed. Within an hour she was on an operating table clinging to life.
But because I raised the alarm, and because my team worked our asses off, that woman is still, somehow, alive. Feels good, man.
41. I’m already a nervous flyer. One time I was taking a flight on American Trans Air from Phoenix to Vegas or vice versa…don’t remember. Anyway, the engines started up and all of the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I could swear that the engine on my side of the plane sounded funny. Just as we started to taxi, the engine blew up. Flames and thick black smoke started coming out of it. They shut down the engines and had us disembark. They offered us an alternate flight. I walked as fast as I could to the rental car counter.
42. This happened just the other day.
Things have been rough lately, but last Wednesday I woke up extremely sick to my stomach and very anxious. I felt like crying the whole day.
My best friend’s brother called later in the afternoon to tell me that my friend had killed himself the night before.
It has been pure hell ever since.
43. Woke up one morning with a sinking, panicky feeling. I knew my grandmother was going to die, I just couldn’t get anyone to believe me. I was young, so I lost it in the school lobby, screaming at my mom that I couldn’t go to class because my nana was going to die. Everyone assured me that she was stable (though she was very ill) and that I should go to class anyway.
She died that afternoon.
44. Kind of a dumb one, but we had this regular customer who was very weird. I worked in an auto wrecking yard and he always came in and bought random, off the wall shit. Anywho, me and a new guy load some stuff into the back of this guys van. He gets in to leave and new guy is standing behind the van next to the building. I say: “Hey, I wouldn’t stand there.” New guy looks at me puzzled and moves. Sure enough, weird customer puts it in reverse and punches it. Backs right through the wall of our office..
45. I used to work at a university as a departmental administrator. There was one student who came in multiple times to talk to my co-worker who had an adjoining office, so he would regularly come in through my office, occasionally try to hit on me, and then sit down and shoot the shit with my 65-year-old coworker. Most days when he came in he was dressed pretty emo. One day he came in dressed like some sort of pageboy complete with that style of hat and suspenders. He hit on me even more aggressively than usual, talked to my co-worker and then literally skipped out of my office. I went home that night and told my husband about the guy and said he just had a horrible cloud of creepy around him. The next day he was arrested for drugging a girl by putting a roofi in a smoothie he made for her and then raping her. The dumbass cops that arrested him left him alone in detainment and he managed to escape, cut off his handcuffs, steal a car, and then flee across state lines. It ended up being a multi-day chase and I don’t even remember if they caught him. The campus sent out several update emails, even going to far as to warn people with whom he had had contact to keep watch for him wanting some sort of revenge. I have never had such a strong premonition that someone was deeply evil, and I hope never to again. Creeped me out for a good while.
46. My mom called me when I was out with a friend. She told me my brother didn’t come home last night. She was very worried even though this is not the weirdest thing for a 21 year old. I went straight home, we both felt like something bad had happened. At home, his phone was on the couch in the living room so we couldn’t contact him. Called the police etc A week of investigation later his body was found. He had drowned himself in a nearby lake. Miss him everyday for almost three years now
47. So when I was little, my cousin that lived 30 minutes away was my best friend. Our parents used to meet up at my grandmothers house every week just so that we could play together. Occasionally I would go on sleepovers to her house. One weekend when I was staying over with them, it was coming up to bed time and I had a really weird feeling and just wanted to go home. I was crying hysterically and my uncle brought me home.
Only this year I found out that my dad had planned on leaving my mother that night, and me ringing crying saying that I wanted “Mammy and Daddy” made him change his mind. My mother doesn’t know this, nor any of my siblings. My dad told me one night while we were out at a bar and he was drunk.
48. Ex gf didn’t come to bed at a normal time, but knew she was still in the house, just in a different room watching some TV or something similar. This was a somewhat common occurrence and I usually just went straight to sleep, but this time I just couldn’t get comfortable sleeping and had a sense of dread. I had about an hour of fitful sleep and woke up to her still not there and the sound of loading screen music coming from the other room so I got up and sure enough, I heard a very faint sound coming from the basement and long story short, she was banging who I considered a friend in the basement and I sat there for 5 minutes at the top of the stairs listening to them talk about their dirty little secret. Idk how many other times they banged, or how many other guys, but you can imagine things ended shortly after that.
49. The other 4 starters on my basketball team and our coach died in a car accident 22 years ago this past Saturday (December 8, 1996).
In the week leading up to the trip we all had some sort of Final Destination style premonition that it was going to happen. Whether it be by dreams or just ill feelings towards it.
I was ill the morning of otherwise I was scheduled to also be in that vehicle. But as a result I was late and they left before the other vehicles.
I got to school and traveled with other friends instead. This was about 25 minutes later. We hit a traffic jam about an hour and a half into the trip. My friend’s Dad said “it looks like someone’s had an accident. I hope everyone is okay.” It wasn’t for what felt like an eternity that we could see what happened. I will never forget the moment of absolute terror where my heart just sunk and the sight of my coach’s 4WD having been obliterated by a big semi head on. Etched in my memory forever.
Rest in Peace my family.
50. When I was in college I had a really weird class and work schedule that resulted in me usually taking my dog for her nightly walk around three or so in the morning. There was a giant parking structure for the college right by its baseball field and I would usually cut through there and let my dog run around on the field, before circling back to my apartment.
One night on the way over, I heard a faint humming in the parking garage, followed by some sort of weird almost alarm sounding noise. Being the horror movie victim that I am, I started walking towards the sound, which meant walking down to the lowest level, which was one below street level. When I got down to the ramp my dog started to get visibly stressed, whining and sort of bouncing around, looking at me repeatedly. I started to really get stressed out at this point, but pressed on.
When I got down the ramp, I looked around and saw behind it a small golf cart, which on its own wasn’t that weird because the school’s maintenance staff used them all the time. This golf cart, however, was on and running, which was producing the humming noise, but with no driver. I walked over to it and behind it was one of the home depot buckets tipped over, with trash scattered around. Before I could really wonder what was going on, I heard the alarm sort of sound again, only this time I recognized it.
I went a little further around to the elevators and found a man unconscious inside one, blocking the door, which was repeatedly try to close but couldn’t. Once I was down there near it I knew what the sound was because we used to block it in the dorms all the time waiting for friends. At this point my dog was going nuts. I put her leash over one of those parking poles to stop people from hitting things and approached the man. I didn’t know CPR at the time, but I checked if he was breathing. He was so I quickly called 9/11, fortunately I had service and the campus police station was literally a two minute walk from there.
A couple police officers arrived quickly and began to administer CPR, and an ambulance arrived shortly after. I had to hang around for awhile and explain what happened. The stressful part was not finding out if he was okay until several days later. I called the campus police station and they said they couldn’t share his specific medical situation, but told me he was okay and would likely return to work at some point. I’m guessing he had a heart attack but I’ll never know for sure. I never saw him again.