1. In college, eating breakfast with 3 friends. All have cereal with milk. One friend, K, also has a glass of milk. He’s seated directly across from me. I watch him pick up the glass and drop it onto his lap. It disappears from my view as it strikes the table. Absolutely no reaction from him. We ask K if he’s ok. K has no recollection of the glass of milk. We search the immediate area and no milk anywhere, no glass anywhere. 3 of us remember the glass of milk. K has no recollection to this day.
2. I was late for an appointment one day and was speeding up a hill with a big curve to the right, the direction I was going. Almost as soon as I got around the curve I saw there was an accident in front of me, blocking both lanes on my side. (Since there were only one or two other cars stuck behind it it must’ve just happened, because there were no emergency vehicles there yet.) To the right of me was a sidewalk where people were standing gawking, and to my left was oncoming traffic in the other two lanes, so I couldn’t go around it, and I was going too fast to be able to stop in time. I knew if I relaxed I was less likely to be as severely injured, so I quickly shut my eyes and relaxed as much as I could.
And absolutely nothing happened.
When I opened my eyes, I could see the crash behind me in my rear view mirror and I was continuing along an empty (on my side) road.
This happened about 35 years ago, and to this day I have no idea how that happened.
3. When I was a little child we went on a holiday trip to Barbados along with another couple, friends of my parents. In the resort was an old black gardener who’d always wear a yellow rain jacket. Apparently he had an interesting face, so my father asked if he could take a picture. The man said yes, but I am telling you it can’t be captured in a photo. My dad didn’t believe him, but got his friend to take a picture with his camera as well. He pretty much forgot about this incident, even when some of the holiday pictures turned out just grey (late 70s, they had to be developed). The friends of my parents lived in another city, different lab and all. Still they also had some grey pictures, but there was none of the old black man.
4. My uncle’s best friend/coworker just disappeared one day. Uncle came to his job site one day (Los Angeles Department of Water and Power) and his coworker never showed up. Uncle went to his house, (I might add that the coworker lived in a neighborhood of houses that belonged to dwp that were given to the workers there.) when he arrived he found his truck parked outside with the door and tailgate open, keys in ignition with uncashed checks on the dashboard and a gun in the passenger seat. He went over to the house and found the garage door open and front door unlocked. My uncle went in and found his place was filled with junk along with more guns, more uncashed checks and a full uneaten meal! Uncle searched all around the house (which was up against a hill) and searched the surrounding area and worksite. Then locked everything and went to his boss who couldnt have cared less about the matter. Uncles ended up having to call the police himself but since the coworker didn’t have any immediate family who cared about him the police didn’t bother doing an extensive search.
5. My mum inherited a watch from her grandmother. It was the old fashioned kind that needed to be wound all the time, obviously.
Anyway, one day it went missing, and despite turning the house upside down, she couldn’t find it anywhere. In the end she just accepted it had gone.
Cut to a few years later, and we had moved house. We’d been in the new place for about 6 months, and one night she woke up and turned the light on, and the watch was sitting on her bedside table, wound and showing the correct time.
She totally believes in ghosts and is confident her grandmother found it and brought it back to her.
6. When I was about 20, I had a bunch of dreams featuring a man. He had long, very straight black hair, very tan, really bright blue eyes, and eyebrows like Micheal Keaton. He always had this calmly threatening demeanor, even when he was furious. And he had an air of evil to him. He was the main antagonist in any nightmare I had for about a year.
Anyway, one night, I had a dream that I was walking down the street. It was a bright day, but all the light was almost dark, if that makes any sense, which is also a common theme in my nightmares. There was a woman walking about half a block in front of me with really curly hair. she was crossing a side street, when “the man” appeared around the corner and started following her. I freaked out, knowing he was a threat to her, and tried to yell a warning. Nothing came out other than squeeks. I tried to run and help her, but could barely move. The man slowly looked back to me and very calmly said “this one’s mine”. He caught up to her, and I watched helplessly as he decapitated her before waking up. I usually talked about my nightmares with a friend, but this one I kept to myself.
About a week later, I was hanging out with a group of my friends, and there was a girl there with really curly hair I had never met. Eventually someone starting talking about dreams, and she told us about a nightmare she had had about a week before. She damn near perfectly described the dream I had, only from the point of view of the woman in mine. Even describing the man in detail, knowing there was someone else about a half a block behind her, and being confused when the man said “this one’s mine” before ripping her head off. I would’ve dismissed this had I told anyone of the dream I had, but as I said, i kept this one to myself.
7. On a snowy night out at the bar, a friend decides he’d had enough and left to walk home. It was a short trip home, through a small residential neighborhood. His girlfriend called an hour later as he hadn’t come back home yet. Afraid that something had happened, we drove around looking for him, and we found him wandering in the middle of the street, without his jacket. It was cold, so it was lucky that we found him quickly, because he was also incredibly drunk, which he hadn’t been two hours before. We didn’t find his jacket and wallet.
The next week someone called him saying that he had forgotten his jacket and wallet at a party the night before. A week after his stuff had been lost. He didn’t know the the people who had held the party, and had no recollection of going there, but it was close to where we found him.
Thing is, they hadn’t had a party the night he lost his stuff, only the following weekend. So, did he time travel a week into the future, got drunk and lost his stuff, and then returned?
We never found an explanation.
8. I bought my husband a watch for his 30th birthday engraved with his name. Not long after he lost it somewhere in the house. We searched everywhere for it but it couldn’t be found. Fast forward 13 years and my husband has a heart attack and dies instantly. Two weeks later our 2yo son walks out of the bathroom holding his watch. There are no cupboards in there- just a shower and bath. He’s very excited to have it and to this day, I have no idea where he got it from.
9. I have a personal mystery. When I got home from uni and before I found a job I had a period of time where I stayed at my family home. Due to being home alone often during this time I tended to be the one who collected the mail and did odd home jobs. One day we had a particularly large amount of letters and parcel (for my brother’s birthday) and because two trips are for weak people I struggled and carried them all into the house. I managed to throw the letters onto the table but about half slipped onto the floor (this is important). Thinking screw it, I carry the box upstairs to the office and come back down to pick the letters up. Yet, when I come back into the kitchen there are no letters anywhere. Confused, I check every downstairs table and eventually the mail box. Nothing at all. Finally I go back into the kitchen and notice one of the kitchen chairs is slightly pulled out from under the table. I pull it all the way out and under the cushion on the seat is a neat pile of the letters. There was no one but me at home for a few hours before this. Utterly confused till this day.
10. I once did a magic trick in front of 20 people as a teenager. We had orchestrated it, so there were 2 of us.
So the trick is, I ask someone from the audience to pick a card, hold it above their head in front of the crowd, but card back facing me, so the entire crowd sees the card. Now someone on the other side of the window behind the crowd also sees the card, and with the crowd facing forwards, they don’t see him. So he plasters the card from another deck, on the window, and when he’s done doing that, I throw the entire deck at the window, and lo and behold, their card is now stuck on the other side of the window.
What happened surprised not only the crowd, but myself and my co-magician as well.
I throw the deck and the EXACT card is not only plastered on the other side of the window, it is also stuck on OUR side of the window, right next to it. My mind was blown and I still can’t explain it to this day. We played it as a part of the trick, so nobody in that crowd knows what sort of black wizardry went down that day.
11. I made chicken soft tacos for dinner last week. Halfway through cooking realized we didn’t have tortillas. I sent husband to the store to buy soft flour tortillas. Dinner is ready so I tell my two teenage boys to dish up. Shredded chicken is on the stove. All the fixings are on the island including the unopened bag of tortillas. Husband and I wait in the other room for the boys to finish dishing up before we get ours because crowded. Boys come sit in the living room with two burritos each. Husband and I go into kitchen and grab plates. I reach to grab a tortilla… The bag is sealed. Unopened. I look around totally confused. Examine the bag, no tears anywhere. I look in the trash for an empty bag. Nope. Ask the boys where they got their tortillas. They both said from the bag on the counter. I asked, the new bag? My oldest says yes, he opened it. Wtf? Thanks for the 4 free tortillas, glitch.
12. Personal mystery, but for the last few years I’ll wake up with ENORMOUS bruises on my body. Like, “what the fuck happened to you?” bruises. On my legs, arms, face, anything.
I know I didn’t bump into anything that day to cause the bruises and I went to my doctor and she tested for everything that would cause this.
I do have pictures of the bruises if anyone wants to see.
And an unexplained kinda ghost-y encounter that I think might explain it if I believed in ghosts
13. This is gonna sound absolutely nuts. This is a personal mystery of mine that has always kind of perplexed me.
When I was little, maybe 6 or so, my grandpa bought one of those cheap plastic snakes. You know the kind? It is coiled up and the bottom of the snake is like black and hollowed out? Anyways he bought this snake and told me that if I was ever being bad and doing something I wasnt supposed to be doing this snake would come to life and bite me.
I remember kind of rolling my eyes and going about my day, because of course toys never came to life and hurt you for being bad.
So some time passes and one day I’m sitting in our sun room playing when I decide to write my teacher a letter but couldn’t find a pen or crayon so I decided to use my aunts nail polish. This was a BIG no-no but I was pretty much left to my own devices so I didnt care.
I remember about halfway through writing the letter I look up and notice that plastic snake coiled up a foot or so in front of me. This was weird because I hadn’t seen that snake in forever and definitely hadn’t been playing with it. I picked it up and threw it further away from me, remembering my grandpas warning that it would come to life and bite me if I was being bad (ya know like I was currently being). I remember taking note of where it landed because this thing creeped me out.
I go back to my letter and promptly forget about it. A few minutes later I hear an odd noise that I couldn’t place and saw some movement out of the corner of my eye. Where I had thrown this cheap plastic snake was now a very real and alive snake. I flipped my shit and climbed a bookcase in the room screaming for someone to come help me.
My mom rushed into the room just in time to see this snake slither out of sight. She got my grandpa and my uncles and they hunted for this snake for what seemed like hours while I stayed perched on the bookcase. They finally find it, take it outside, and promptly kill it.
The weird part, besides that it was in the exact spot I threw that plastic snake, was after that day I never saw that plastic snake toy again. It just straight up vanished. I’m sure there may be a reasonable explanation, hell I was young and kids are kind of known for their vivid imaginations. But it has always kind of unsettled me. How much of a coincidence is it that this snake just happened to get in our house that day, just happened to be in the spot I threw that snake, and out of all the rooms in the house managed to coil up right in front of where I was being bad?
14. My cat likes to bury little green army men in his litter box. There are none in the house and he’s an indoor cat.
15. We lived in a bi-level house with a chest freezer in the basement and the kitchen on the second floor.
When I was younger I was a teenager I was asked to bring tatertots upstairs so my mom could make a casserole. I went and grabbed them and came upstairs.
When I got upstairs the tater-tots were no longer in my hands, and my mom asked where they were, I thought I had just spaced out and forgot them. So I went back downstairs and they weren’t in the freezer anymore. Searched literally every square inch/nook and cranny between the chest freezer and the kitchen and they were not anywhere.
They never ever turned up. To this day my mom thinks I was playing a dumb prank on her. My most plausible explanation is that we live in a computer simulation and they got accidentally glitched out of it
16. Years ago I went to bed just like any other day only to wake up with blood everywhere… On the sheets, on my clothes, my body. It was like a scene from a horror movie. I extensively checked my body for cuts or anything but there were none. Also no sign of nose bleeding. My mother also checked for an explanation but she couldn’t find any.
17. I was fly fishing around king salmon Alaska. There’s 1 dinner restaurant in the town, and when I sat down, the waitress called me by my name and asked if I wanted something to drink. I’ve never met her. I’ve never even been within 500 miles of that town before that week. Weird AF.
18. The death of the “Toxic Lady” Gloria Ramirez, who came to the ER with late cervical cancer complications, but caused 23 people to fall ill and 5 to be hospitalised after contact with her. Ramirez had a weird “fruity, garlicky” smell coming from her mouth, oily sheen coating her body, ammonia smell coming from a blood test with manila-coloured particles floating in her blood. After she died from cervical cancer 45 minutes after hospitalisation, a load of weird stuff involving investigators disposing of her blood samples and an inability to determine her cause of death happened. Overall weird and shady, with a few theories, but all unsolved.
19. Jayme Closs. 13 year old girl disappears off the face of the planet in the 4 minutes it takes the police to respond to a 911 call from the mother’s cellphone. When they get to the house, mom and dad have been shot dead, dad dying as he opens the door. No sign of assailants or Jayme.
20. I was living (and working) in an old haunted pub with my Ex. One night he got up to go to the toilet (which are shared with other people staying in the hotel part) and he didn’t come back. I searched the pub and checked out in the streets. In the morning when the owner came in we looked through cameras to see if we could find him still no luck. About half an hour later he wandered down the stairs to reception looking all shaken up. He had woken up in an empty locked bedroom room with the only way in a small window above the door. He had no idea how he got there.
21. My cousin came over with his xbox, left, and said that he couldn’t find his power cable. Not the brick, the cable that goes to the wall. I looked everywhere, parents didn’t believe me. They looked everywhere, and now we’re convinced that it’s no longer in our house. But something tells me it’s just been in front of our eyes
22. The one time my Furby went off and it didn’t even have batteries in it.
23. In 2003, British super theme park Blackpool Pleasure Beach purchased a Wacky Worm roller coaster, a small/compact roller coaster with a “caterpillar” train from a smaller park in Morecambe (UK) for use in it’s park from the 2003 season onwards. The roller coaster was to incorporate an enormous 30-foot diameter fiberglass apple that the train would snake through as a tunnel. However, when the ride arrived at Blackpool, the apple was nowhere to be found. The park they bought it from, Frontierland, stated that they shipped it and hadn’t any idea where it was. Somewhere between Morecambe and Blackpool, an enormous hollow apple weighing several tons vanished without a trace, and has remained hidden for more than a decade.
24. So this is a personal mystery. One day in college (circa 2013) I was cleaning my car and found some random guy’s wallet in my back seat. I was perplexed how it got there since I didn’t give anyone rides and lock my car doors. I found the guy on Facebook and he was super grateful and said he lost his wallet the previous weekend. This was super confusing because I did not drive my car for that whole week. Anyway, we agree to meet to give him his wallet but I wanted to hang with some friends so my roommate ended up meeting the guy to give the wallet back. The dude was so grateful that he gave my roommate/me a bag of weed as gratitude. Never figured out who he was, how his wallet got in my car, and why his weed was so good
25. My sister lost her car key and it turned up buried in my grandmothers garden (she lives two hours away and we see her 2-3 times a year)
26. When I was 13 or so, my mother and I were driving along a two-lane country road, when she said, “Do you smell that?” I didn’t smell anything.
“It’s a cigar. It’s one of my grandfather’s cigars. Keep an eye out, every time I smell it something happens.”
Less than 10 seconds later an oncoming car crossed the center line and she had to swerve onto the shoulder to avoid being hit head-on.
This was in the middle of a curve, so there was no warning at all. If my mother hadn’t already been in a hyper-vigilant frame of mind, I’m not sure she could have avoided it.
27. I was showering home alone one day, when out nowhere a penny flew over the curtain into the shower with me.
Then it happened again like two years later.
I checked the dates on them and they didn’t seem to be anything significant to me. And now I’m just waiting for it to happen again.
28. Mine is a personal mystery that happened a couple of years back with no explanation I can think of. I typically use Instagram on my phone but one day while it was charging, I decided to log on to Instagram on the family desktop in the living room. To my surprise, someone was already logged in which was unusual. I checked the profile and it turned out to belong to this girl that went to my high school. Now this girl was nice and liked by a lot of people, but I rarely ever interacted with her, and never had her or her friends in my house. I tried thinking of every explanation I could think of but I was just dumbfounded.
29. I was spreading butter on a piece of bread, put the knife down to wash a cup. Suddenly I hear this weird “clink” noise and see that the piece of butter that was on the knife is now on the floor but the knife is nowhere to be seen.
I have a very small kitchen. I looked everywhere I didn’t find the damned knife! It just disappeared as if it went to another dimension.
30. I lost a toy of Woody from Toy Story I had as a kid and it showed up a year or so later under the floorboards in my room, found it when we were changing the carpet.
31. Personal mystery. When I was a kid, 8-9, I was coloring in the doorway of my room listening to music. I could see anyone who wanted to come from the hallway or the stairs. Whole family is downstairs and suddenly wind blows by me, my music goes off, and the music player gets pushed back. I freak out and scream, parents come running and nothing was found that could have pushed the music player or caused the wind. Still weirds me out.
32. I was on the porch with my dad looking at the forest at night, we were talking when we see a ball of light in the forest, pure white, it stayed like that just long enough for us to point and it starts expanding towards us, quickly but slowly enough we had a second before the whole area was in almost daylight, Like picture Harry Potters patronus from the 3rd movie. And then all returned to night, no more than 10- 15 seconds max
This was very rural, so it couldnt have been a plane or anything, or other people as we would have seen them. Some people have said ball lightning in the past but if it were then it took up an area at least a couple hundred meters in diameter.
33. When I still lived at home and came back from a night out my mother would often be up reading & if I wasn’t too tired I’d sit with her a bit and chat before going to bed. This was regular occurrence for years.
A couple years after I moved out I get a text from my mom one Sunday morning asking where I’d gone.
Was a little surprised as I was just in my apartment.
She tells me that last night I came home late and we chatted for a bit and she was surprised that I had left the house so early in the morning.
Now occasionally, I would still stop by my parents place to crash for the night depending on where I was in the city but I’d always let them know first.
Figured my mom has just dreamt this. So I call her and explain that I wasn’t there and ask what we talked about.
She summarizes the conversation and gives me details about things she shouldn’t have known about my night out eg. What was going on in the lives of the friends I had seen that night.
Never figured it out but now my mom teases and says she knows what I’m up to all the time.
34. This happened a few years ago to my brother and my mom. It was parent teacher conference at my brothers high school (literally the largest high school in the US with about 6,000 students) and after waiting forever to finally meet with the teacher they walk in and sit down. The teacher then says that our father was just in there right before them and my mom was shocked and told him that there was no way. The teacher insist that he just walked out and gives his name and a perfect description of my father (very tall man with alot of freckles, brown hair and a thick mustache) and summarizes their meeting. My mom then informs him that my father has been dead for over 10 years and is in disbelief. The teacher had absolutely no background of our family and no way of knowing this is shocked himself. To this day we have no idea what happened that day.
35. While visiting Rome a few years back, the group I was with decided to tour the Vatican. One of our friends had a friend who was a brother studying to be a Priest. He was going to get us past the tourist barriers for a closer look at everything while we participated in a small mass at one of the numerous altars.
When we met up with this fellow, he immediately struck me as someone that I had met before. Almost someone that I had a good friendship with, but couldn’t explain where or why I had known him. I didn’t mention anything, as I was too busy hiding the pocket knife that I’d accidentally left in by bag before trying to get into the basilica.
The tour was interesting and the mass was a unique experience, but the whole time this feeling like I knew the man was haunting me. He invited us out to a coffee shop afterwards, and I took the time to retrieve the pocketknife I hid under a trash can.
When I returned, there was a seat for me right in front of the brother. I sat down, apologized, and started to listen to the conversations. Yet as soon as this guy has the chance to talk to me directly, he says, “Have I met you before? I have this strange feeling that we know each other but I can’t place it.”
I was blown away. We both were. This was the first conversation we had, and we both believed we had know each other personally. But when he explained his life over back in America, I couldn’t think of any reasonable explanation as to where we met. And even if we did, the feeling was that of close friends, not of a “I shook hands with you once.”
36. I had one of those incredible hulk face ice creams you get from the ice cream truck. I took a bite and watched as the rest of it fell off the stick, only to look down and see nothing on the ground. I still dont know what happened to my ice cream. I want my money back.
37. I lost my student ID in high school, and some girl I didn’t know found it in her pillowcase.
38. About two years ago my sister was home alone while my mum was at work and I was at school. I finished early that day and was home at around 1pm. I was talking to my sister and she casually mentioned my mum came home for a while. Right away I thought that was odd because my mum works a few towns over and even if she came home on her lunch break she’d have to leave to go back by the time she got here but I thought maybe she had an appointment or something, so I asked my sister if she said anything. Here is what my sister says happened: She was upstairs in her room when she heard the front door unlock, so she walked over to the stairs to see who it was (the stairs were facing the front door so you could see it from the top of the stairs) and saw my mum taking her coat off and hanging it up. She looked over at my sister without saying anything after which my sister was just like oh ok it’s just mum and went back to her room. She also didn’t hear her leave. When she told me this I was pretty spooked because my mum wouldn’t have NOT SAID A WORD, she’d say Hi at the very least. I proceeded to call my mum to ask her if she’d been home recently just to make sure and just like I thought, she hadn’t been home since she left that morning. We still don’t know who or what my sister saw but I was afraid of being home alone for the next 2 weeks.
39. My husband and I were once on a MAX train in Portland when some stoners got on and sat across from us. They were all loudly bored and hungry, and one of them was scrounging around under the seats.
As we watched, he pulled a McDonald’s bag out from under the seat behind him. That bag was full of food. He began distributing burgers to his stoner buddies, until the last guy said “no thanks. I don’t like burgers.” Then the guy reaches into the bag and says “That’s okay. Here’s a chicken sandwich.” And he hands his buddy the last item.
The bag had exactly enough for them to each have a sandwich, and adequately fed the guy who doesn’t eat burgers. I still think about it.
40. One afternoon last summer I was looking under my bed for a bag. Found a USB stick I didn’t recognize, plugged it into my pc and found a bunch of work belonging to someone who studies engineering at a university across the city that I’ve never been anywhere near.
41. Came home from work with a 12 pack of drinks. I was walking up to my door when I dropped said 12 pack, a bunch of cans roll out of one end so I stop to pick them up and put them back in the box.. But there are 13. No matter what one of the cans wont fit, and they were all clean, no chance of a soda just being left outside. I count 13 cans when I get inside. No idea how that happened.
42. A little late but this story still makes me sleep with the lights on whenever I think of it. My sister and I were upstairs at my grandparents house where we lived. We were playing some Disney princess game on our TV. All of a sudden we hear a loud piece off glass shatter. It seriously sounded like someone dropped a chandelier. My uncle who was visiting at the time came sprinting up the stairs because he thought we were being assaulted. He checked in the next room that the sound came from and nothing had fallen. There were no glass shards anywhere. Kinda creeped him out as well.
43. Personal mystery: 20+ years ago I had a very brief job selling gas services door to door (side note, I’m not good at selling things, especially those I don’t truly believe in). Anyway, as dusk just started to arrive, near 5 pm, I knocked on a door and an old woman answers. I gave her my standard “ we can save you $$ by switching to xxx gas, my we look over your latest bills and our offerings to compare?” She tells me, “I’m sorry, honey, I don’t live here, this is my son’s house, let me get him for you” and I politely accept.
After maybe 5-7 10 of waiting, I think maybe they’d forgotten me or were trying to blow me off so I have one last knock and this time a younger man, mid-40’s I’d guess, answers and asks if he can help me. I give him the same sales speech and he stops me midway and says, “Now is not a good time, we just buried my mother today.” I’m apologized and quickly backed away. I tell myself it was a nice way to mess with the door to door guy but I really don’t know to this day.
44. I was given a potato in school (cannot for the life of me remember why) and I was having a weirdly good time playing with it, I went into my room and started throwing it up in the air and catching it, but one time I threw it up it just seemed to inexplicably curve backwards over my head, I heard it thump on the ground, but when I turned around to pick it up it was gone. I spent ten minutes looking everywhere for it and it just wasn’t there, when we moved house a year later and I was emptying my room I fully expected to find a gross, rotting potato somewhere, but still, it was nowhere to be found, I asked my parents and even my sister if they’d found and got rid of a potato in my room, nobody had any idea about it. I’m going to spend the rest of my life wondering where the hell that potato went
45. I was at a friend’s house in high school. He was gone to some family event, and I was there alone chilling till he got back. While he was gone, I heard footsteps in other rooms, things falling over, doors opening and closing. I freaked the fuck out and locked myself in one room. The footsteps came up right outside the door of the room I was in and just stopped. The room I was in had 2 windows, opposite sides of the room, curtains on each. A few minutes after the footsteps stopped outside my door, there was a very loud bang on both windows at the same time, and the curtains on both windows (opposite sides of the room, remember) flew straight out. I’m talking almost perfect 90 degree angle from the wall, as straight as a sheet of paper. I called my friend thinking he was fucking with me, he wasn’t. I could hear his family in the background.
I’ve gone through every possibility I can think of. I thought maybe an intruder. But no, his house is so small, I would’ve heard forced entry from anywhere in the house. The footsteps wouldn’t make sense, they would stop in one place and then be heard again in a completely different part of the house. Nothing explains the curtain thing, they had no central A/C so no air movement to account for that blowback, and nothing can account for the simultaneous bangs on both windows. He’s told me over and over he believes his house is haunted. I’ve never believed in ghosts, but I questioned my beliefs that night.
46. Lost my class ring when I was 20. About 8-10 months later I move 1000 miles away. Only brought a few clothes and my car. Someone hit me and totaled my car while there…twice, be careful driving in Florida. Bought a new car (twice). Lived there for a year. Then moved about 200 miles away. A month after moving to the new town I receive a call from a church. They received a donation of clothes. While sorting them out they found a class ring with my name etched inside the band. My new home number came up when they searched my name. The church was about two miles from where we just moved. My wife didn’t get rid or donate any clothes. I thought it must be a mistake, but decided to go take a look. Sure enough, it was mine. I looked through the clothes they found it in and they weren’t mine or my wife’s. Still no idea how it could have ended up 1100 miles from where I lost it.
47. My girlfriend’s cousin suddenly disappeared one day after she’d taken the bus to her university to change something around with her courses. She’s a huge homebody and has been through some trauma in the past so it was extremely unlike her to up and leave with no warning. All of the immediate family search for her, including myself for two days. We even got the police involved. Absolutely no sign of her. Her mom was able to get ahold of her cell signal and it placed her in a city about 40 minutes over, so we search frantically there and again, nothing. A day after this while my girlfriend’s parents are out they just find her walking down the road, by herself. They take her in, I’m guessing she was on her way home because it was about a twenty minute walk from her house, but she just can’t give an explanation for why she’d disappeared or who she’d been with. She can’t remember anything. I’m assuming there was some sort of trauma involved because her brain completely wiped it out but we actually have no idea why she went missing and what happened, just that she turned up three days later on the side of the road.
48. I had a haunted TV when I was growing up. I don’t remember where we got the TV but I do remember it was second hand. It would turn on every day for Hannah Montana. No big deal, it probably had a built in timer or something, but then they changed the time that Hannah Montana was on tv. For a couple days it would turn on at it’s normal time and then it just switched by itself to turning on an hour later when the new time block for Hannah Montana was.
49. Personal story and a something that still bothers me till this day.
I’m a soccer/football coach of kids (great way to earn money when you’re a student) and each year we have a couple of ‘open’ practices where parents bring their kids to see if they like soccer etc. After one of these practices a kid walks up to me and says ‘I’m sorry that you lost your grandma’. I was a bit confused and I said ‘Ooh no, you must think of someone else’ and I just shrugged it of.
The next day I woke up for school and my parents told me my grandma died in her sleep and that her nurse found her in bed that morning.
The kid might have mistaken me for someone else but it still bugs me. Also; he never showed up at practice again.
50. When I was in high school, my aunt gave me a t-shirt for my birthday. It was kind of sparkly and not something I ever would buy for myself, but I sometimes wore it. One day I realized I had two of this shirt in my closet. No idea how that happened. I could never think of a good explanation, although there must be one… Still seems strange.