Hickeys are bruises that can appear on your neck or arms after your person bites, sucks, or kisses you a little too aggressively. At first they will appear bright red, but will turn to purple and brown as they heal.
If you’re young and in love, then you’re probably wondering how to get rid of hickeys. Don’t freak out because it’s easier than you think. If you use some of these tips and tricks, no one will have any idea that you had one in the first place.
How To Get Rid Of Hickeys The Natural Way:
1. If you have any bananas in your kitchen, eat one and then save the peel. You can place the insides against your hickey for ten to thirty minutes. It should cool it down and get rid of that redness.
2. You can either gulp down some orange juice or apply an orange peel to the area, because oranges contain bleaching properties.
3. Make sure to eat more Vitamin K, which can be found in foods like kale, broccoli, brussle sprouts, spinach, asparagus, lettuce, and cabbage.
4. Taking more Vitamin E is also a good idea when you have a hickey. That is found in foods like spinach, avocados, almonds, and sunflower seeds.
5. Try wrapping a paper towel in ice cubes and applying it to your hickey for ten minutes. Not only will it make the redness go away, but if you’re feeling any pain, it should reduce that too.
How To Get Rid Of Hickeys With Household Items:
1. Grab a spoon from your silverware drawer, pop it into the fridge for at least ten minutes to get it cold, and then rest the spoon against your hickey. If you do this a few times throughout the day, it should reduce the swelling.
2. Find a toothbrush with soft bristles. Then brush over your hickey with a tiny bit of pressure for five to ten minutes.
3. If you have peppermint oil or peppermint toothpaste, apply it to your hickey because it will improve your blood circulation.
4. This one is not always recommended because it hurts. But if you are desperate to get rid of a hickey, you can try scratching the area with a coin. Press as hard as possible, but do not break the skin.
5. If your hickey has been around for a while, then you should stop using cold products and start using heat to make your blood circulate through the area. Throw a towel under steaming hot water and then apply it to your hickey for at least five minutes.
How To Get Rid Of Hickeys With Products:
1. Grab some Aloe Vera and apply it to your hickey at least twice per day. Leave it on for about ten minutes before washing it off.
2. If your hickey is fresh, then you can try using rubbing alcohol to soothe your skin. Pour some onto a cotton ball and apply it directly to your hickey.
3. Cocoa butter will moisturize your skin and promote skin tissue growth. Apply some and then massage it into your skin with your fingertips.
4. If you can find any massage oil or essential oils, place some on your skin and then rub the area with two fingers. Keep massaging for ten minutes, but make sure you switch the direction from clockwise to counterclockwise every few minutes.
5. You can always head to the drugstore for a healing ointment like Arnica.
How To Cover Up Hickeys Completely:
1. If you are in a dire situation and have extra cash to spend, you can get a laser treatment to help your skin heal faster. It will reduce the bruising right away.
2. Even though it’s only a temporary fix, you can throw a scarf around your neck to hide the markings.
3. You could also try wearing a bulky necklace or wearing a shirt with a high collar.
4. Even easier, you could throw some make-up onto the area.
5. Or just don’t be embarrassed about your hickeys! Everybody gets them from time to time and they prove that you have somebody in your life that loves you. So wear your hickeys with pride.