1. Overthinking isn’t going to change what happens between you. You might be wondering why he hasn’t answered you yet. Is he busy at work? Is he fast asleep? Is he talking to some other girl? Is he purposely ignoring you? Even though it’s tempting to try to figure out the reason behind him going MIA, at the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter what’s going on with him. It only matters whether he eventually answers you or ignores you, whether he wants to put effort into a conversation with you or not.
2. Your worth isn’t going to change, based on whether or not he texts you back. You’re in charge of your own happiness. You cannot allow him to dictate whether you’re going to spend the rest of the day in a good mood or a bad mood. You have to remind yourself that, whether or not he responds, you’re still the same beautiful, intelligent, strong woman. He can’t take that away from you.
3. You shouldn’t sit around, doing nothing, waiting for his response. The more often you check your phone, the slower time will move. You have to keep yourself busy because you’re going to drive yourself insane if the only thing you think about is how much longer it’s going to take him to answer. In the meantime, work on a project. Set plans with your friends. Take your dog for a walk. Get your mind on other things. If he answers you, it will be a pleasant surprise. If he doesn’t answer, you’ll hardly even notice.
4. Not getting a text isn’t the end of the world. If this is the first time he’s made you wait, if he’s usually pretty respectful of you and your time, then this isn’t a big deal. It doesn’t mean he suddenly hates you. It doesn’t mean something is wrong. It doesn’t mean you should freak out.
5. However, if he makes this a pattern, you should be careful. If it’s normal for him to ignore your texts for days and cancel plans at the last second and consistently treat you as an afterthought, then this is a red flag. Texting might not be that big of a deal, but if he can’t even send you a text back, do you really think he’s going to be able to meet all your other expectations?
6. You’re not stupid for texting him. You’re not stupid for thinking he would actually answer this time. You’re not stupid for falling for someone like him. Stop blaming yourself for feeling, for having a heart.
7. You have other options. He’s not the only guy in the world. He’s not the only guy who can make you laugh. He’s not the only guy who can give you butterflies. He’s not the only guy who can make you feel like this. You might not want to give him up, but if he makes a habit out of ignoring your texts and treating you like second best, then don’t feel like you’re never going to find love. You are. Just not with him.