1. Mixed signals. Your person is going to make it obvious how they feel about you. They aren’t going to play any games. They aren’t going to make you guess what’s on their mind. They’re going to be vocal about their feelings for you. They’re going to let you know how much they care about you, how much they love hanging out with you, and how excited they are to see you again soon. Once you find your forever person, you’re never going to be stuck wondering whether you’re wasting your time or whether they feel the same. Their heart is going to be pinned to their sleeve, right where you can see it.
2. One-sided conversations. Your forever person isn’t going to leave you in charge of carrying the conversation. They’re going to text you first. They’re going to come up with conversation topics. They’re going to send you messages early in the morning and before you fall asleep at night. They aren’t going to make you feel like you’re the only one who is trying to bond, the only one who gives a shit about getting to know each other. They’re going to be putting just as much effort into conversations as you are.
3. Comparisons and competition. Your forever person isn’t going to pit you against other women. They’re not going to make you feel like you have to compete for their attention. They’re not going to flirt with other girls in front of you. They’re not going to cross any boundaries and make you wonder whether they’re going to be breaking up with you soon. Your forever person is going to have eyes for you and only you. They aren’t going to stray. They are going to be unwaveringly loyal.
4. Begging for attention. Your forever person isn’t going to make you fight for their attention. They aren’t going to make you text twice before they respond. They are going to plan dates. They are going to initiate conversations. They are going to give compliments. They are going to make you feel special, valued, wanted. When you’re with your forever person, you’re never going to wonder whether they would be happier without you or whether they’re only stringing you along. It will be abundantly clear how much they respect and appreciate you.
5. Ghosting. Your forever person isn’t going to disappear out of the blue. They are going to be there for you, no matter what. It doesn’t matter whether you’re going through a rough time and need a shoulder to cry on or whether you’re celebrating an accomplishment and need someone to cheer you on. They’re going to be there through your ups and downs, your good times and your bad.
6. Awkwardness. You’re going to feel comfortable around your forever person. You’re going to feel like you can be your true self. You won’t have to hide pieces of your personality in order to avoid chasing them away. You can be authentic. You can be as weird as you want.