1. Your self-doubt isn’t always grounded in reality. You have to remember that even though you might feel like a failure, it doesn’t mean you actually are a failure. Your brain can trick you. Your thoughts can lie.
2. If you fail, no one else is going to care tomorrow. And if you win, no one else is going to care tomorrow. That’s why the only person you should be striving to impress is yourself.
3. No one reaches success overnight. Your favorite singer probably put out three albums before getting a song on the radio. Your favorite author probably wrote for three decades before being published. The people who inspire you didn’t reach the top overnight — and neither will you. So stay patient.
4. Even though you feel like everyone is judging you, the person who is always going to be hardest on you is yourself. Chances are, no one is thinking anything half as mean as the things you’ve been saying about yourself inside your head. You’re your own biggest critic, so go easy on yourself.
5. Failing isn’t the worst thing that could possibly happen to you. The worst thing would be never trying. The worst thing would be allowing a golden opportunity to pass you by because you were too timid to step outside of your comfort zone.
6. You’ve gotten through stressful situations in the past. You can get through this one too. You already have the strength. You already have the willpower. You just have to have the confidence.
7. It’s okay if you have absolutely no idea what you’re doing. You’re probably not the only one. Besides, there’s nothing wrong with asking for help. There’s nothing wrong with admitting you could use a little guidance.
8. Doubts are good for you. They mean you care. They mean you’re putting effort into everything you do. They mean you actually give a damn about the outcome.
9. No one is one-hundred percent confident one-hundred percent of the time. Even though you might feel like you’re the only one in the world with insecurities, everyone around you has them too. You’re not alone in your worries.
10. You matter more than you realize. You deserve success. You deserve love. You deserve for today to go well, so don’t assume everything is going to fall apart. Don’t assume it’s only a matter of time until you ruin everything.
11. Your surroundings can influence you. If you surround yourself with people who doubt you, then you’re going to start doubting yourself. If you surround yourself with people who support you, who motivate you, who want what’s best for you, then you’re going to have an easier time believing in yourself. So watch who you keep close.
12. Worst case scenarios aren’t always going to come true. The thing you’re terrified might happen probably won’t happen. Besides, worrying about what you cannot control is a waste of time, energy, and mood.
13. You should never give up hope — especially in yourself. You’re doing better than you realize. Don’t overthink things. You’re killing it. You should be proud of yourself.