1. Someone who is willing to commit. She doesn’t need to jump straight into a relationship — but she doesn’t want to be led on for months before being told you’re not ready for something serious or you only want to stay friends or you aren’t sure what you want. She’s looking for someone who isn’t afraid of being called her boyfriend, someone who’s 100% into her.
2. Someone who will stay loyal. Saying she’s your girlfriend isn’t enough. She actually wants you to remain monogamous. That means no cheating, sexually or emotionally. No kissing other girls. No flirting with other girls. Absolutely no playing the field.
3. Someone who keeps in touch. She wants you to answer her messages — even if your answer is sorry babe, work is super busy, I’ll call you when I get home. She doesn’t want to be left in the dark, pushed to the side, made to feel like an inconvenience. She wants you to actually talk to her.
4. Someone who keeps his promises. If you say you’re going to take her to the movies over the weekend, she wants you to follow through. If you never keep your word, why would she trust you? Why would she believe a word that comes out of your mouth? She needs to date someone she can depend on, someone who would never mislead her.
5. Someone who pays attention. She wants you to notice when she buys a new dress or does something different with her hair. She wants you to learn the best spots to kiss her and remember the names of her favorite songs. She wants you to be attentive.
6. Someone who tells the truth. She doesn’t want someone who keeps secrets because it’s not technically lying. She wants you to admit when you’re angry and tell her when your ex texts you. She wants you to be honest with her at all times, even if it leads to a fight — because if you’re a perfect match, you can get through anything.
7. Someone who puts in effort. She wants you to plan dates, send good morning texts, and have dinner with her parents. She wants you to surprise her with her favorite dessert and send her songs that remind you of her. She wants you to put in as much effort as she does.
8. Someone who makes her laugh. She wants you to send her silly selfies and tell stupid puns. She wants to act like a complete weirdo with you. And when she’s having a bad day, she wants you to make her laugh through her tears.
9. Someone who treats her with respect. She wants you to say please and thank you. She wants you to show up on time and call if you’re going to be late. And she wants you to appreciate the little things she does instead of expecting them, instead of feeling like she’s obligated to treat you like a king.
10. Someone who loves her. She doesn’t want to be in a relationship, just so she can change her Facebook status and brag to her family. She wants to date her best friend. Someone who’s crazy about her. Who loves her with all of his heart and can’t imagine being with anyone else.