1. He texts you nonstop — and then doesn’t reply for a full month. If he wanted to date you, he would make time for you. He would find time to answer your messages. He would even send first texts of his own. He wouldn’t be comfortable going thirty whole days without hearing from you.
2. He ignores your texts — but likes your selfies. He thinks you’re hot, but he doesn’t want to have an actual conversation with you. He doesn’t want to date you. He just wants to look at you.
3. He tells you he misses you — but never makes plans with you. Actions matter more than words. He can tell you he likes you all he wants, but that doesn’t mean much if he doesn’t do anything about it. If you never see each other, how can you date?
4. He sends the first text — and then doesn’t respond after that. Yes, for a second of the day he was thinking of you. But he obviously found something better to do if he let the conversation die as soon as it started.
5. He flirts with you like crazy — but he treats other girls exactly the same way. Maybe he’s attracted to you. Maybe he wants to hook up with you. But he doesn’t want to date you. He wants to keep his options open, keep playing the field.
6. He acts like you’re his girlfriend — but tells you he’s not ready for a relationship. If he’s not ready, he’s not ready. A guy wouldn’t lie about this. Either give him some time or give him the boot, because you’re not going to date anytime soon, if ever.
7. He makes promises — but never keeps them. He likes flirting with you, but he isn’t willing to put in the effort it takes to become your actual boyfriend. That’s too much work for him, which is why he never follows through.
8. He kisses you (or sleeps with you) — and then pretends it never happened. He got what he wanted and doesn’t want to lead you on, so he’s gone back to acting like you’re just friends. It’s an easy way to keep you at a distance.
9. He says you’re the only girl in his life — and then posts pictures with other girls. He’s lying to you. There are other girls in his life, he just doesn’t want you to learn about them and decide to move on, because he likes the attention you give him.
10. He invites you over to his house — but brings you straight to the bedroom. If he doesn’t introduce you to his parents or roommates, and he doesn’t stop to get you food, he only wants sex. Nothing more, nothing less.
11. He tells you how much he likes you — but he already has a girlfriend. If he wanted to be with you, he would be with you. He wouldn’t cheat on her with you. He would leave her for you.