1. Trying too hard. You should always be yourself. But it’s okay to take a little longer than usual to do your makeup and hair before you see him. It’s okay to put in effort to impress him.
2. Wanting a boyfriend. You’re not a robot. It’s okay to admit you want attention and affection. Everybody does.
3. Texting too much. If you want to talk to someone, talk to them. There’s no reason to play games. There’s no reason to hold back. Dating would be easier for everyone if people just said what they wanted to say instead of worrying how it made them come across.
4. Making the first move. You can text him first. You can kiss him first. It’s not desperate. It’s brave. And sexy AF.
5. Having sex on the first date. It doesn’t matter if you feel that spark two months after meeting him or two hours after. Sex shouldn’t be scheduled. It should be spontaneous. Do it whenever the mood strikes.
6. Wearing skimpy clothing. Your body, your choice. You can be desperate in mom jeans and a winter hat. And you can be independent AF in a skintight dress and fishnets. The wardrobe doesn’t make the woman.
7. Seeing your friends less. No, you shouldn’t ditch your friends nightly for some boy. But if you have to rearrange your schedule to see him, go for it. That’s what relationships are about. Compromise.
8. Asking about his status. Is he dating the girl in his profile pic or is it his sister? You need to know these things. You don’t want to waste weeks on a boy that’s unavailable. There’s no harm in asking.
9. Complimenting him. As long as you don’t say anything creepy or repeat the compliment in every other text, it won’t look clingy. It will only look flirty.
10. Stalking his Facebook. Everyone does this. Just don’t go overboard and you’re fine.
11. Joining Tinder. It’s hard to find decent guys in your hometown. If there aren’t any to be found, then you might as well use a dating app for a more thorough search. It’s the convenient thing to do.
12. Posting too often on social media. So what if your Instagram is overflowing with selfies? Maybe it means you’re confident. Maybe it means you’re lonely. Maybe it means you were bored as hell and had nothing else to do, except play around on social media.
13. Talking about the future. You don’t want to get stuck with someone that’s only looking for some fun when you’re ready for a serious relationship. So what’s the harm in asking him if he plans on settling down soon? If the answer is no, or the question sends him running, he wasn’t the right one for you. It’s better to know what to expect from early on.