1. When you’re finally over him and he tries to sneak back into your life. Don’t let him keep playing unfair games with you. You deserve to move on. You deserve to find happiness away from him. Don’t let him keep you on a rope so he can drag you back whenever he wants.
2. When he keeps sending mixed signals. Texting should be fun. It shouldn’t be stressful. You shouldn’t have to sit there and try to analyze every word that pops onto your phone screen. Find someone else, someone that says exactly what they mean.
3. When he’s messaging you for the first time in weeks, and you can tell it’s only because he’s wasted. It’s not sweet that you’re the person on his mind when he’s drunk. You should be the person on his mind when he’s sober. When he’s thinking clearly and making rational decisions.
4. When he ignored the last ten texts you sent him. He’s a hypocrite if he expects you to answer the second that he sends a message, even though he always ignores the texts that you send. Don’t give him the satisfaction of being at his beck and call.
5. When you’re out with your friends. He can wait a few minutes to hear back from you. Don’t disrespect your friends by staring down at your phone instead of listening to their stories. Enjoy your time out with them.
6. When it’s late at night and he’s only looking for sex, even though you’re looking for something serious. If you’re looking for different things, then it’s not going to work out. It doesn’t matter how badly you want to kiss him. That kiss is only going to lead to sex, not hand holding and dinner for two.
7. When he starts the conversation by begging you for nudes. This is a clear sign he’s using you for your body. He should want to have a conversation with you, not just masturbate to you.
8. When he’s dating someone else. If you know you have feelings for him, that he has feelings for you, and that you two always end up flirting, it’s better to ignore his messages. You don’t want to help him cheat.
9. When you’re wasted. You don’t want to say something that you regret. There’s nothing worse than waking up in the morning with a headache and a phone filled with embarrassing messages.
10. When you feel like talking to him would cause you more stress than happiness. You’re not a horrible person for ignoring his texts, so don’t feel bad about it. If he’s toxic, then you’re not obligated to waste another second with him. Spend that time with yourself.