1. Sleeping with him. You shouldn’t feel guilty if it’s been a few days since you’ve done the deed. You don’t have to have sex every single time you two hang out. He should be happy to see you and have a face-to-face conversation with you — even if that means he doesn’t get a glimpse of your body.
2. Looking perfect. You shouldn’t freak out when you wake up next to him with morning breath and a makeup free face. If he’s your forever person, he’ll love what you look like, even if you feel like a mess. He’ll think you’re beautiful no matter what.
3. Forming plans. If he’s your forever person, it won’t matter if you have plans to see a movie or go bowling or walk through a museum. You could sit on the couch together and still have a fun time. It doesn’t matter what you do, as long as you’re together.
4. Making conversation. You should be comfortable sitting in silence with him. And when you talk, the words should come easily. You shouldn’t be censoring yourself or trying to look cooler than you actually are. You should just be.
5. Losing weight. He should love your tummy, whether it’s flat or puffy. Hard or soft. The same goes for your thighs.
6. Texting. You shouldn’t rewrite the text you want to send him twenty times. If he’s your forever person, you won’t be self-conscious about what you have to say. You’ll just talk — or type — freely.
7. Shaving. If he’s your forever person, a little stubble isn’t going to chase him away. He’ll still want to touch you, whether your skin is prickly or silky smooth.
8. Keeping him entertained. Dating is a two-way street. You don’t have to do a song and dance to stop him from getting bored of you. If he’s your forever person, he’ll still want to hang out with you, even if you have nothing interesting left to say.
9. Snapping photos. If you’re sending him a selfie, you don’t have to take two hundred before choosing the perfect one. Just snap a pic and send it. He knows what you look like. And he thinks you’re beautiful.
10. Making a good impression. You shouldn’t feel too stressed whenever you go out to dinner with his parents or his closest friends. You should be confident that they’ll like you for you — and that even if they hate you, your person still won’t leave you.
11. Getting jealous. If you trust him, then it doesn’t matter how many female friends are listed on his phone or if the majority of his coworkers are women, because you know he wouldn’t do anything you’d be uncomfortable with.
12. Figuring out who’s paying. You shouldn’t feel guilty about letting him pay. And you shouldn’t feel weird about paying for him. If you’re going to stay together, you’ll have plenty of chances to make it up to each other.
13. Figuring out how he feels. If he’s your forever person, you won’t be afraid to have a serious conversation with him. You’ll be able to talk about anything like two mature adults. If you have questions for him, all you have to do is ask.