1. You’re going to accuse him of things he’d never do. And you know he’d never do them, but that doesn’t matter. That doesn’t silence the paranoia in the back of your brain. And when you make unfair accusations, he’ll get offended. He’ll hate that you don’t trust him.
2. You’re going to push him away. You have a habit of ruining relationships before they even begin. If you leave him, then he doesn’t have the chance to hurt you. He doesn’t have the ability to break you.
3. You’re going to read too much into the little things. He’s been staying late at work? Going to the gym more often? Adding pretty girls on Facebook? He must cheating. There’s no other explanation.
4. You’re going to hide your feelings. If you were 100% honest with him, he’d leave you. Such crazy thoughts run through your mind. You aren’t going to risk sharing them with him. They would make you sound psycho.
5. You’re going to convince yourself something is wrong. Your relationship is perfect. He is perfect. But the universe never lets you be happy for this long. It’s only a matter of time until everything falls apart.
6. You’re going to imagine the worst case scenarios. You picture him flirting with somebody else. Kissing somebody else. Sleeping with somebody else. In reality, you know he’s not doing any of those things, but the idea alone makes you want to scream.
7. You’re going to cross a line. Every once in a while, you’ll pick up his phone or read through his emails. And if he ever finds out, he’ll be pissed. He’ll stop trusting you.
8. You’re going to ask too many questions. Where were you? Who were you with? What time were you out until? You’re just trying to comfort yourself with answers, but he’ll feel like he’s being interrogated.
9. You’re going to feel alone. You’ll feel like you have no one to talk to, even though your partner is right there. Right there. You’ll feel like no one else understands the emotions plaguing you.
10. You’re going to get jealous over everyone. Your waitress? His co-worker? His best friend’s younger sister? You’re going to wonder what he talks to them about. If he flirts with them. If he prefers them.
11. You’re going to become controlling. You won’t want him to spend too much time with certain women, because you don’t like the way they look at him. You want him to yourself. You don’t want to lose him.
12. You’re going to end up alone. You’re going to convince yourself that you’re better off single. That it’s easier. That there’s less stress. That you’re not meant to be in an everlasting relationship.