1. He won’t take responsibility for his actions. If he makes excuses instead of apologizing, he’s not mature enough for you. A real man admits when he’s wrong.
2. He doesn’t make a cent of his own money. His parents pay for his car insurance. And give him grocery money. And lend him cash to cover his rent. He’s financially dependent on them.
3. He doesn’t keep you in the loop. When he gets stuck at work late, he doesn’t do the responsible thing and text you. The thought doesn’t even cross his mind.
4. He refuses to have serious conversations with you. He turns everything into a joke. You can never go to him with your problems, because he makes light of them. Emotions just aren’t his thing.
5. He doesn’t understand the female body. If he thinks going down on you is gross and has no idea how important the clit is, either teach him or ditch him. Sex is meant to be pleasurable for the both of you — not just him.
6. He still fights with his exes. Unless he had a child with another woman, there’s no reason for him to be keeping in contact with an ex he hates. If he gets into frequent text fights with old girlfriends, then he’s obsessed with unhealthy drama.
7. He doesn’t know how to do anything. He can’t cook. He can’t fold laundry. He can’t stack dishes in the washer without them breaking. He has no household abilities.
8. He wants to play the field. If you’re ready to settle down, but he’s still stuck in bachelor mode, then let him go. Let him sleep with strangers. Let him make the most of the single life, because he won’t be a good boyfriend if he feels trapped.
9. He lets his temper win out. Instead of asking you who’s been texting you, he’ll start yelling and accuse you of cheating without any evidence. He acts before he thinks. He’s always starting fights.
10. His parents are overly involved in his life. His mom and dad do more than hand him money. They also call every two hours, come over to clean his house, and do his laundry for him. They act like his personal butlers.
11. He’s an avid partier. If he wants to spend every single weekend drinking — because it sounds like more fun than meeting your family — there’s going to be a problem. A big problem. You can’t date someone that’s drunk all the time.
12. He talks down to women. He uses words like ‘bitch’ and ‘slut’ to describe you and your friends. And he’s guilty of calling every single ex of his a ‘psycho.’
13. He refuses to express his emotions. Even to you. When he’s sad or stressed or excited, he’ll hide it. The only emotion he ever releases is anger.
14. You can’t take him anywhere. He always ends up embarrassing you with immature jokes about bodily functions. He’s not nearly as funny as he thinks he is. And he always says the wrong thing at the wrong time.
15. He leaves when things get rough. If he breaks up with you after a little argument instead of sticking around to set things right, then it’s good he’s gone. He wasn’t mature enough for you, anyway.