1. You don’t stalk his social media, but whenever you see a post from him, you always stop scrolling. You like to see what he has to say.
2. You get disappointed when you don’t see him. It’s not like you were consciously looking forward to seeing him, but when you notice he isn’t going to show up to class or work, you’re slightly annoyed and don’t know why. You assume it’s because you like having someone to talk to.
3. When he talks about his crush, you’re happy for him. But at the same time, you wonder why he isn’t crushing on you. After all, you two get along so well. It would make sense for him to fall for you.
4. When he doesn’t text back right away, you freak out. You start to wonder if you did something wrong and if you should send him a second text.
5. You smile whenever he “likes” one of your selfies on social media. For whatever reason, you’re glad he noticed it and glad he approved of it. It raises your confidence for the rest of the day.
6. You always check his Snapchat story. It doesn’t matter how long and boring it is. You sit through it.
7. You mention him whenever you see your friends. Maybe you mention how funny he is. Maybe you complain about how frustrating he is. But no matter what, his name always pops up in conversation.
8. You’ve changed your schedule slightly so you can see him more often. You take the same bus as him, so you can chat. You stay late at work, so you can walk out together.
9. You have imaginary conversations with him in your head. It’s nothing sexual or romantic. But it seems like he’s always on your mind.
10. You check the mirror when he’s around. You want to make sure your lipstick isn’t smudged and your cleavage is showing. You want to look your best–but it isn’t for him. At least, that’s what you tell yourself.
11. You never forget to ask him about his weekend. It’s not just an easy way to make conversation. You kind of want to know what he was doing–and who he was with. You want to know that he’s not seeing other people.
12. You feel like your outfit was wasted if he didn’t get to see it. I mean, you weren’t trying to impress him by wearing a tight dress, but it would’ve been nice if he was around to compliment it.
13. You get annoyed when a third person interrupts your conversation. You’d rather talk to him one-on-one.
14. Stupid things remind you of him. Song lyrics, jokes, commercials… It doesn’t take much to make you think of him.
15. Even if you’re dead tired, you’ll stay up late to talk to him. You don’t mind losing sleep if it means you get to continue your conversation.
16. You’ve been telling yourself that you don’t have a crush on him. That he’s not your type. But deep down, you know you’ve been lying to yourself.