1. Hanging out with one of your close friends that you should be completely comfortable around. But for some reason, you’re still worried you’ll run out of things to talk about and bore them to death.
2. Walking up to a register to pay. And then struggling to shove your change in your wallet before the people in line behind you get fed up.
3. Being too quiet during a group conversation. You don’t want everyone to think you’re a snob, but you just can’t think of anything to say.
4. Showing up too early. If you’re the first person there, you’ll start to worry if you showed up at the wrong place or on the wrong day.
5. Waiting for someone to text you back. If it takes them a little too long to answer, then you’ll worry that you’ve been annoying them.
6. Standing in line. The entire time, you’re practicing what you’re going to say once you reach the end of that line.
7. Finding a seat on a crowded bus or train. And being forced to sit next to a complete stranger on a crowded bus or train.
8. Hearing a notification on your phone after you sent out a semi-risky email.
9. Driving by a cop or walking through a metal detector, even though you didn’t do anything wrong at all.
10. Sitting in the middle of a row at the movie theater, where you’ll have to scoot past strangers to get to the bathroom.
11. Trying to figure out if the single stalled bathroom already has someone in it. You’d die of embarrassment if you accidentally walked in on someone else.
12. Telling a joke that bombs. Sometimes, you won’t even test out your jokes, because you’re too worried about looking silly.
13. Forgetting something important. Before you leave for a concert, you’ll check your bag twenty times to make sure you remembered the tickets.
14. Picking clothes for a party. You don’t want to be the fanciest person in the room. But you don’t want to be the only one in jeans, either.
15. Entering a packed classroom after everyone else has already sat down.
16. Making a turn onto a super busy highway. You’re terrified of cutting someone off or crashing.
17. Asking a complete stranger for directions. You hate initiating conversations.
18. Getting your credit card declined. You know you always pay your bills on time, but still. You hate paying with a card.
19. Eating in front of other people. You don’t want to finish faster than them and look like a slob. But you don’t want to hold them up by taking too long to eat. And you don’t want to get sauce all over your face.
20. Calling up your dentist or gyno to make an appointment. Or, really, calling anyone.
21. Ordering at Chipotle. There are just too many questions to answer.
22. Posting on Facebook or Instagram and not getting any “likes.” Honestly, when that happens, you go back and delete the post entirely.
23. Going on first dates. What do you wear? How do you act? What do you say? You’re swarmed by questions.
24. Being called into your boss’ office. You’re praying you didn’t do anything to get yourself fired.
25. Leaving the house. It doesn’t matter where you’re going. You feel the safest in your own room.
26. Thinking about all of the ways that you could make a complete and utter fool of yourself throughout the day.